any modo users?

creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

any modo users around here?

Comments

• ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

Sort of.

I just got it last month. Still learning how to get around.

So far, I love it.

ncamp

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Love the new retopo tool in 601 but not sold on the rigging stuff yet, the texture baking is a dream come true !!!

• redhorseredhorse Posts: 83
    edited December 1969

Yes. Although I'm still learning the whole modeling thing, I absolutely love modo.

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

If I remember correctly, DAZ uses or used Modo internally for some of their stuff. I'm intrigued by it, but haven't been able to justify dropping the cash on it. My modeling skills are rudimentary, to put it kindly, and I don't have time to do a lot of it but if that changes in the future, who knows. :-)

• edited December 1969

Yes.

I think there are quite a few other users in the community at large as well, if I remember correctly. Certainly some of the vendors use it and have said as much. And yes, DAZ has used it in the past and may still be using it in their pipeline.

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246
    edited December 1969

I wish software makers would consider selling older versions of their software at a steep discount. It would be as-is, no support of course. But Modo 6 is over a grand to buy, that's outside my budget. But if they sold Modo 4 (that's two full versions back) for maybe $100, I'd buy it in a second. I think the people with $1,000 to spend on a modeler would still buy the latest version so they won't cannibalize their main product sales pipeline, they'd just be adding a new source of quick cha-chings from the hobbyists who would otherwise never buy their product. And they'd ne creating a base of people who fall in love with the product and when some of them are ready to sink the big bucks will gladly stay with Modo.

• ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

At the end of last year, they offered it for either 30% or 40% off. That is when I got it. I know it is still a big budget item, but you can get it for less if you wait.

ncamp

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited July 2013

Luxology.com is having 40% off Modo 701 individual license 48 hour sale. Ends 7/18/2013 12PM PST.

Reg $1495.00 --> Sale $897

A 15 day trial is available.

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • edited December 1969

Also... Upgrades are discounted by $100.00 and Video Training & Product Kits are discounted by 25%!