The All About Aiko 5 Thread

Comments

• GumpOtakuGumpOtaku Posts: 106
    edited December 1969

As someone who has bought Hitomi last year, I am waiting for DAZ to amaze me until I can buy Aiko 5...

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited February 2013

Say, I just realized, Out of all the Gen 5 Icons we have out so far, only Victoria & Michael and the Young Teens have their own coupled bundles. The reason why is because none of the other's counterparts have been released yet (no David for Stephanie or Girl/She-Freak for Freak (depending on your perspective)).

So when Aiko 5 comes out, chances are there may very well be a Aiko & Hiro Combo Bundle as well. Even if not for that pattern, Gen 4 has an Anime/Manga Bundle composed of everything major related to A4 & H4. So the possibility is very strong either way.

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • jerhamjerham Posts: 153
    edited February 2013

Hmmm, i really hope they will release her quickly, Aiko is really my favorite figure. The new essence product release gives me a lot off hope it will be any day now.

From the What's Included & Features:

◦Adjustment/Movement Morphs:
    ◦Adjust_Aiko5Sitting

◦Optimized Shapes:
    ◦Aiko4
    ◦Aiko5

https://www.daz3d.com/essence-for-genesis

Also the second promo render.....? do not recognize this one, could it be A5?

Post edited by jerham on
  • StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited February 2013

Yeah I think she's soon soon now.. Mada's new outfit having A5 fit listed. When that happened with F5 and the 4blueeyes top, F5 arrived the following week....

Post edited by Storypilot on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

Part of kicking off March Madness, you think? Or the last hurrah before they launch that?

edited December 1969

jerham said:

I was wondering that too...

edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Part of kicking off March Madness, you think? Or the last hurrah before they launch that?

I bet so. :)

edited December 1969

JOdel said:

The only sad thing, currently on a small 3d budget. So will have to choose between the march madness or A5 (ok easy choice if A5 looks good and has a nice bundle :) )

edited February 2013

I highly suspect she'll be out on the 26th. Like many of us have noticed and stated before, the pattern seems to be a new Gen 5 character at the end week of every month, specifically, the Tuesday of that final week.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I still have my PC coupon. ;)

edited December 1969

jerham said:
    Hmmm, i really hope they will release her quickly, Aiko is really my favorite figure. The new essence product release gives me a lot off hope it will be any day now.

◦Adjust_Aiko5Sitting

◦Optimized Shapes:
    ◦Aiko4
    ◦Aiko5

No, that's clearly a Hitomi blend.
    edited December 1969

jerham said:

◦Adjust_Aiko5Sitting

◦Optimized Shapes:
    ◦Aiko4
    ◦Aiko5

No, that's clearly a Hitomi blend.

Thanks, Was not sure if it was Hitomi or not, a very nice blend in my opionion.

edited February 2013

But yeah, I know this is rather late in the game to start bringing this up, but it it possible that we've already seen Aiko 5 before and just not have recognized her?

Someone has debated this with me before in the past, but there was a promo of a product called "Japanese Style Dress" that was taken down shortly after it was released where there was a very Aiko-like female standing next to Hitomi, but not in any sense looked like A3 or A4.

EDIT: Found it!

pop-up03_katumi-dress_[1].jpg
    500 x 650 - 88K
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Folks who can might want to check out the Member's Only Forum....

Just sayin'

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

But yeah, I know this is rather late in the game to start bringing this up, but it it possible that we've already seen Aiko 5 before and just not have recognized her?

Someone has debated this with me before in the past, but there was a promo of a product called "Japanese Style Dress" that was taken down shortly after it was released where there was a very Aiko-like female standing next to Hitomi, but not in any sense looked like A3 or A4.

EDIT: Found it!

Yeah go look at the member forum, cause this ain't her. ;)

• cipher_Xcipher_X Posts: 121
    edited December 1969

Folks who can might want to check out the Member's Only Forum....

Just sayin'

Nice... :cheese:

edited December 1969

i am a pile of yay right now

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,489
    edited December 1969

Okay...

I admit... I don't have Aiko 5 yet *hides*

But someone else noted she's more of a human cosplayer than an anime toon.

I want to see renders from people who get her :)

I don't have her, but whenever I do I promise to make a ton of hair styles for just her (and for all of you guys to use of course!! Someone who has her, please try my Kuru hair on her and let me know if it works well? it's at http://www.furrythings.com/presets/ for Look At My Hair users!) :D :D :D and I bet the Young Teens outfit will look great on her!! I'm going to be converting A3 and anime doll clothes to V4 with Cross Dresser and then to Genesis with Sickle Yield cool new product.... so I'll have lots of cool anime clothes for the newest Anime girl.

I have to admit, does this set seem lackluster to past sets? I mean the clothes seemed way more limited. It seems kind of like Hitomi had a better rollout.

I may be delusional though.. I have gotten myself sick with pneumonia and bronchitis again and the meds are reaaaaaaaaally making me kinda dreamy. Heh.

So yeah! People been waiting for Aiko 5 for so long... what do you think? Better than Aiko 4?

edited December 1969

Right here, dear.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15768/

Actually, Admins! Could you merge our topics, please? :)

edited February 2013

Kerya said:
    I still have my PC coupon. ;)

I don't have my PC coupon anymore.
    :)

Post edited by Kerya on
    edited December 1969

Er well i did know about this thread, but it was also a conglomerate of lots of not-yet-Aiko-5. I thought a new thread would be good so people wouldn't have to wade through 6 pages to start seeing actual stuff about Aiko 5 ....

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

this is just a quickie cos I wanted to play with Aiko 5 before I head off to bed.
    Used Aiko as is, with the fabulous Pale Shadows outfit by Midnight Stories, and the Osaka Hair.

aiko2.jpg
    339 x 897 - 240K
  • Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Well it's my first venture into dresses so don't to hard on me Thanks for the post !!!

edited December 1969

Well it's my first venture into dresses so don't to hard on me Thanks for the post !!!

Thanks for including so many morphs! :)

edited December 1969

Er well i did know about this thread, but it was also a conglomerate of lots of not-yet-Aiko-5. I thought a new thread would be good so people wouldn't have to wade through 6 pages to start seeing actual stuff about Aiko 5 ....

I see. But yeah, you know DAZ either way. They try to keep multiple topics of the same thing in one pile (for the most part).

Anywho, here she is! Free to unleash hell!

Aikos_Return.jpg
    1029 x 652 - 553K
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Love her new look. Not at all what I expected which is great. Glad they brought something new to the table and didn't re-hash a shape we already have. I think A5 is a great fit for this generation. Can't wait to get home and experiment.

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

I haven't DIM'd my bundle yet (doing that in a few minutes...yay DIM) but here are a couple I did with other Genesis stuff. Emelie Odd texture, Gem texture.

aiko_Gem.png
    600 x 750 - 534K
    aiko_Emilie_Odd.png
    600 x 750 - 524K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

In another thread folks were complaining she's not Anime enough but if everyone really thinks about it.. 90% of the merchants never used her full blast Aiko when offering new products. It was Gen 3 the Realistic morph for the pretty dolls that were released and Aiko 4 as well with some of the American head morph blended in for larger eyes. Don't much see folks using the older Gens fully Anime and Hitomi more than fills that need, esp with it being Genesis you can mix up your own character. I think the new Aiko 5 is stunning with delicate features and large eyes. Your two portraits, Canary, really show the head shape off well.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    In another thread folks were complaining she's not Anime enough but if everyone really thinks about it.. 90% of the merchants never used her full blast Aiko when offering new products. It was Gen 3 the Realistic morph for the pretty dolls that were released and Aiko 4 as well with some of the American head morph blended in for larger eyes. Don't much see folks using the older Gens fully Anime and Hitomi more than fills that need, esp with it being Genesis you can mix up your own character. I think the new Aiko 5 is stunning with delicate features and large eyes. Your two portraits, Canary, really show the head shape off well.

Well that's up for debate....I was hoping for more of an anime doll kind of face...or even belbel. But the base Aiko 3 and base Aiko 4 faces were always well... assuming they were just starting points rather than actually expected to be used as they were.

Now Hiro 5 was a HUGE improvement. I didn't like Hiro 3 or most of the characters for him, nor Hiro 4. Hiro 5 completely outshone and was totally worth getting.

Aiko 5, seems a whole lot like Aiko 4.... would love to see a side by side genesis aiko 4 and genesis aiko 5 unskinned comparisons.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Personally, I love the A5 look - here she is compared to the other anime shapes for Genesis...

Aiko_Genesis_shapes.jpg
    1920 x 696 - 179K