Do Poets have a sense of humour?

wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

I'm kinda wondering... but I shall find out.

So, here is the story... My friend Jack, (she's a very strong willed Hispanic lady who... let's just say telling her "no" is not a good idea)... comes and tells me she's editing a poetry anthology book at the local community college and needs ten art pieces to go with it, and wanted me to submit something. So, I bang out a script for the piece I think I want to do, show it, and she tells me that'll work great... go figure...

So this be it, warning, bawdy humour...:
http://wancow.deviantart.com/art/Daddysez-350755288

Comments

• SafeunderdarkSafeunderdark Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just saw this, LOL!!

love it! good humor.:lol:

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

The poet/author I know has a sense of humour - or at least a great deal of restraint as he puts up with my puns without doing me violence ;)

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

LOL Simon! Wait, don't artists tend to be insanely hot headed? A poet with patience? I can't imagine such an animal :)

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

As one of my old art teachers used to say— Flavia Zortia, wonderful old European lady— as she used to say, "All artists are born with a kind of 'creative schizophrenia'. It is the conflicts within an artist's mind, and the resolutions thereof, which produce creativity." Simply put, there is no such thing as a truly sane artist.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I'm showing this to my cousin Clifford, he's going to get a kick out of your post. He's been saying something similar for years...