Canceled PC... Question about future reactivation.

McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
edited January 2013 in The Commons

So I have once again cancelled my PC subscription... it says it is cancelled and I hope it is not lying to me, but anyway... In the (hopeful) event things start working smoothly here again at some future date... What is the ACTUAL process for reactivating a PC subscription... and is there a "reactivation" charge?
Just for the record I do see the directions "This subscription is not active. If you want activate, please click here."

I'm not in a trusting mood to see if I get an instruction page or it just signs me up again or some other stupid poo like that... and if anyone noticed, the incorrect Tarzan-like grammar above, it's not me... it does say "if you want activate it"... No, me no want activate it, not for while... me not so happy at moment... me go pick ticks from Cheeta now... ticks tasty,but legs get stuck in teeth... that not so much fun...

So anyway- thanks, if you can shed some light on this and have a wonderful tick-free day.

Picture_1.png
433 x 103 - 14K
Post edited by McGyver on

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,384
    edited December 1969

Review this thread on the proper way to cancel your PC membership http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7225_4/

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited January 2013

You would need to ask Support for a definitive answer, but from memory, you can renew within 30 days at no extra cost, but after that, you have to pay the joing fee of $29.99 again.

Sorry Frank, andother XPost.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

Thank you both.

I did cancel my subscription properly the first time, I won't rehash the subject but it's not a very difficult process to follow and all I know is my subscription renewed on its own... I'm not blaming anyone, it is an automated system relying on zillions of bits of code working in harmony... and sometimes impossible stuff can happen and DOES. But... Yeah, I well, know that thread and I reviewed it before I cancelled it and I actually kept that screen open while I was canceling my PC, just so I could be 100% sure I was doing it right.

What I'm wondering is what is the correct process for reactivation... like so when I go to reactivate it one day, I'm doing it right... not necessarily the way the instructions on the screen may seem to suggest or my brain may tell is a logical way of doing it... but then again for all I know, clicking "Here" may instantly reactivate the account without any other process... and without know what the consequences of clicking "Here" are or seeing any obvious information about reactivating a PC account, I figured it would be prudent to ask...

It's not a big deal or time sensitive, since I was canceling, I was just wondering about reactivating one day.

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Sorry to see you cancel Lordvicore.
    Hopefully you'll be able to return someday soon.
    Best of Luck!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,384
    edited December 1969

Thank you both.

I did cancel my subscription properly the first time, I won't rehash the subject but it's not a very difficult process to follow and all I know is my subscription renewed on its own... I'm not blaming anyone, it is an automated system relying on zillions of bits of code working in harmony... and sometimes impossible stuff can happen and DOES. But... Yeah, I well, know that thread and I reviewed it before I cancelled it and I actually kept that screen open while I was canceling my PC, just so I could be 100% sure I was doing it right.

What I'm wondering is what is the correct process for reactivation... like so when I go to reactivate it one day, I'm doing it right... not necessarily the way the instructions on the screen may seem to suggest or my brain may tell is a logical way of doing it... but then again for all I know, clicking "Here" may instantly reactivate the account without any other process... and without know what the consequences of clicking "Here" are or seeing any obvious information about reactivating a PC account, I figured it would be prudent to ask...

It's not a big deal or time sensitive, since I was canceling, I was just wondering about reactivating one day.

You'll have to pay the new member rate if it's longer than 30 days