genesis wont show in Actors (left) column - (new Daz3D install)

edited December 1969 in New Users

i opened the genesis zip file and set it up
opened Daz and selected import genesis.

on the left side Genesis is not showing (actors, wardrobe & props)
though it is in the right column

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383
    edited December 1969

Can you post a screen shot of what you are looking at

• edited January 2013

Can you post a screen shot of what you are looking at

here is the screenshot
    genesis appears in the right column
    genesis is not showing in the left column

thanks

genesis_missing.png
    1279 x 811 - 305K
    Post edited by ayurvedahc_08ecc05d54 on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383
    edited December 1969

Click on the button I have circled. Select "Content DB Maintenance" once the box pops up check off "Re-Import Metadata"

genesis_missing2.jpg
    1279 x 811 - 188K
  • edited January 2013

Click on the button I have circled. Select “Content DB Maintenance” once the box pops up check off “Re-Import Metadata”

thanks - genesis still not showing on left column

Directory: My Library/People/Genesis

directory.png
    562 x 320 - 36K
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited January 2013

What OS are you using, and is it PC or Mac?

It looks like your CMS (Content Management Service)is not running. Smart Content will not work without it.

In Windows, look in the Task Manager in Processes for a process called ContentMangementServer.exe, if it is not there, got to Start > All Programs > DAZ 3D, and start it from there.

Just a quick point, when reporting that things are missing here on the forums, it is a lot more useful to say whcih tab you are referring to, and not left side or right side. DS4 is fully customisable, and my setup doesn't look like yours at all, so the name of the pane (tab) is more useful

EDIT:

Looking at your earlier screenshots, it looks like a Mac to me, so I can't help much I'm afraid. We can try and get a Mac user to help you.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • edited January 2013

What OS are you using, and is it PC or Mac?

It looks like your CMS (Content Management Service)is not running. Smart Content will not work without it.

In Windows, look in the Task Manager in Processes for a process called ContentMangementServer.exe, if it is not there, got to Start > All Programs > DAZ 3D, and start it from there.

Just a quick point, when reporting that things are missing here on the forums, it is a lot more useful to say whcih tab you are referring to, and not left side or right side. DS4 is fully customisable, and my setup doesn't look like yours at all, so the name of the pane (tab) is more useful

EDIT:

Looking at your earlier screenshots, it looks like a Mac to me, so I can't help much I'm afraid. We can try and get a Mac user to help you.

Yes I am on Mac.
    Couldnt find ContentManagementServer on the computer anywhere.
    A Mac user's advice would be most appreciated — if need be I can use the parallels side of the mac & load DS4.5 for the pc if I'll have more support from the forum...(or is this just the initial install, and the rest of the software works the same?)

Thanks for the tip about how customizable the DS4.5 Pro is -

So far I found a forum about this issue - I was able to locate info here http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/dazcms_check
    CMS for both mac & pc. two things came up.
    1. I have two Start Daz CMS applications in the utilities folder.
    2. when I click them on i get this error - couldnt start the cms plist - no such file or directory. see 2 pics attached

2_CMS.png
    537 x 266 - 72K
    error_CMS.png
    478 x 172 - 35K
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

From your image, one of them is STOP and the other is START. You will have to use the START one to get it to run :)

• edited December 1969

thanks - the start couldnt be found - so I removed the software & CMS and reinstalled and that solved all my issues