Heads Up - Andoria City MEGA PAK On Fast Grab - $10.99

Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Apologies if this news has been shared already but yeah, like the title says the Andoria City set by Magix 101 is available for $10.99 on Fast Grab which I think is good value.

http://www.daz3d.com/fast-grab-3d-models/andoria-city-mega-pak

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

One day I will have enough ram to load and use this awesome set. No I don't think anyone has posted this Harry.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Ooh this looks good deal, thanks for the heads up. Can it be loaded up in sections? Does anyone know? I only have 4gb of ram in my pc.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

It loads as one but you can then delete parts that you don't want after. I had 3.25 GB of ram and it loads ok, bit laggy when moving around on my old machine so you shouldn't have a probelm.

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited January 2013

Thanks. Fast Grab always knows when I haven't checked it, I wouldn't have known.

That's a pretty decent price. Finally got that one out of my wishlist.

It looks like it'd take a gob of ram, glad to hear my puny new machine can manage it.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

Great set, and well worth it for twice the price. It works on substandard machines too: I have used it on a 2GB RAM machine.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited December 1969

I picked this up in this Fast Grab and installed. One thing to note: the installer for Andoria by Night puts things in the wrong path, or it did on my machine. It creates an extra Studio directory underneath your normal content path, so instead of installing to, for example

\Studio\content\Props\Architecture\HMann\Andoria\Andoria-City

it creates the path

\Studio\Studio\content\Props\Architecture\HMann\Andoria\Andoria-City

I filed a bug report on it. Once you understand what's happening, it's easy enough to move files to where they should be.

Other than that, if you've got the RAM, it's a gorgeous set. Once it's made all of the shadow maps for its lights, it renders kind of shockingly fast, at least without anyone in it. No idea how it'll do once someone is actually there.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited January 2013

I've wanted this a long time but my old rig had only 2 gigs of ram. With the onboard graphics (ugh) and OS that left me only about 750 megs when I'd open Studio. But now I have 12 gigs AND Andoria!

Post edited by Spit on