'Fit to' issues, please help

simon_2213780simon_2213780 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hey Guys and Gals

Very new to Daz 3d, started yesterday and I'm already working away on my first model, I've encountered a problem, when I select 'fit to' to bind the suit to the body, the suit deforms, am I missing something, how do I fix this.

I modelled the suit in Zbrush, so I've transferred all the morphs etc, so the suit deforms properly when moved, I just need to bind it to the body. Helppppppp!!!

Screen_Shot_2013-01-25_at_21.55_.57_.png
850 x 826 - 180K
Screen_Shot_2013-01-25_at_21.55_.36_.png
843 x 817 - 152K

Comments

• simon_2213780simon_2213780 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Also, I have tried the smoothing modifier thing, and the collision settings, but it doesnt seem to work for this suit.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Are you using the transfer utility to fit it to Genesis? If so what are your settings? If you're using another method, it might help to detail your steps so we can help a bit more.

edited December 1969

Yes I am using transfer utility, here is what I done>

1- IMported the suit into Daz as an obj.
    2- Converted the suit to subd.
    3- Used transfer utility to transfer, weight maps, selection maps, face group, and region groups ( i select Genesis as source and suit as Trget) I also keep 'Fit to' checked
    4- And this is where it goes wrong, the morphs etc are all transferred which is great, but the suit does not keep it's original shape, I've done the same few steps above so many times, checking and unchecking different boxes, to see what helps.

The closest I have gotten is, if i leave 'Fit to' unselected i still transfer all the attributes of the Genesis mesh to the suit, but obviously the suit and Genesis are not bound. If I right click on the suit and select 'fit to' I get much better results, but it still does not conform properly.

So frustrating!!! Luckily i'm bald so I won't be pulling out my hair.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

Since you have modelled the suit around a morphed Genesis you need to tell the Transfer utility to reverse that. Set the Source shape to Current, and in the extended options check reverse Source shape from target. If possible it's best to model around the zero shape of genesis, not a morph.

edited January 2013

Oh great thanks guys the results are definitely much better, AMAZING!!

One last thing, now that i've done that, it seems to have deleted a piece of my suit, I'm guessing because it is trying to fit to the morph right, Is there a way around this?

Screen_Shot_2013-01-25_at_23.04_.43_.png
    1000 x 841 - 371K
    Screen_Shot_2013-01-25_at_23.04_.59_.png
    1007 x 842 - 371K
    Post edited by simon_2213780 on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited January 2013

Richard beat me to it...

Umm...that 'stretching'/'scrunching' around the breasts...the only real fix is to take the back into a modeller and fix it.

Export the suit, as is. Export the morphed character. Import both into your modeller. Fix. Export suit as an obj. Then using Morph Loader import the fixed suit as a morph for the suit. (I can't find it right now, but there's a thread with pics showing the exact process for this...)..

Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited December 1969

It was the Genesis model, although after importing the suit back into Daz from Zbrush, i had to eyeball it and resize, as It came in wwaayyyyyy smaller than the size I exported it at.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

before fit-to,, if your body suit shape (call it as originalshape) looks well for the character morph (for genesis) ,
    (V5 or stehpanie ,?) first exprot (save) the body suit as obj from daz studio to keep it.

I think it is most important .you can re-use the original shape as the character morph for genesis
    whenever you want.

but you may hope your body suit fit to many character of genesis,
    so you may need modify the bodysuit for genesis zero shape more, I think.
    after that re-import your orignal shape to overwrite generated morph.

Modifying Auto-Generated Morphs

and video tutorial by Bobbie 25
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4gjtHPKtuM&list=UUwk2nLkmEPGityJJ0itbr9w&index=2

usually,, modeling clothing with zero shape genesis (no character morph)
    much work better after use transfer utility.

But there are not so much difference.:roll:

1 modeling with genesis zero, use transfer utility then modify morph for each character,
    or
    2 modeling with one character shape , use transfer utility, then modify for genesis zero shape,
    overwrite generated morph by orignal (which you made) for character.

you select 2, so keep the good shape for character and reuse it , is best.