Troll for Genesis Installation

mathmanmathman Posts: 0
edited January 2013 in The Commons

I am trying to install this product. What's the following unhelpful nonsense all about ? ...
Likewise for Genesis Creature Creator .... its probably that a required product needs to be installed first, but of course this is not outlined on this product's page in the store.

Troll.png
530 x 209 - 28K
Post edited by mathman on

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited January 2013

what is the file path you are trying to install to? It needs to be in the same location as Genesis base is installed to. it should be something like this C:\Users\Frank\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited January 2013

It means you need the free Genesis figure as a base for Troll to work (hence, 'Troll for Genesis'), or that the location you are trying to install to can't find Genesis if you've already got it installed.

Edit: ... and ninja'd by Frank. ;)

Post edited by jerriecan on
  • mathmanmathman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes it is the My Library (default) path.

edited December 1969

* sigh *
    I have Genesis, and it is installed to the default My Library directory.
    I have not had this problem before, and I have installed umpteen Genesis products.

edited December 1969

Never mind ....
    I had moved My Library to my data partition some time ago. I assumed that the installer would pick up on this, and so I clicked Next straight away during the installation process.
    * Sigh *

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

The DAZ installers aren't the greatest - they always start at the last place you installed to unless you point them to the right one. :( Glad you found the problem.

edited December 1969

thanks all.