I need help with setting up my PC Studio with Mac files

I recently acquired a PC computer.  I am mainly a Mac person.  My Studio is set up on Mac.  What I need to do is set up my PC so that it has the same as my Mac.  I will use the PC for rendering with Iray but need to keep working on my Mac and send over the scene files to the PC.

Richard (Haseltine) was trying to assist.  Richard thought that it was copying the Content Cluster over.  User Library/Application Support/Daz3D/cms/Content Cluster.  However, when I did that and put that on my PC in AppData/Roaming (I backed up that Content Cluster first), I experienced PostgreSQL errors and the Library folders in content were not populated.  

Richard had suggested overwriting the Postgre and Postmaster from the backup but the error remained.  I put all the original files back and it went back to working correctly.  Obviously, we were doing something wrong.

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks,

Cris

Comments

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,450

I don't have any experience with the PC version, but I would suggest the same process I used when moving from one Mac to another: copy the content directories over, then recreate the CMS stuff by reimporting metadata within Studio.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Thanks, Murgatroyd, I'll check into that.