FBX Exporter to C4D

ricktowersricktowers Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello,

This might be a newbie question about Dazstudio4 but I am not a novice at C4D.

I exported an object using the FBX exporter. It works great and does what it should. Textures, lights, cameras, etc all translate. The problem I'm having is that the geometry of the model comes in as one object. I know for sure the model in DAZStudio (and the original OBJ) is made up of many different parts. How do I tell the exporter to export the geometry as a parent / child objects instead of one geometry.

I tried using the 'export selected' and selecting all the objects but it still meshes everything into one.

Thank you

-RT

Comments

• X3DX3D Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

There is a plugin called SplitToObjects for C4D which will separate your geometry as the original OBJ.

http://www.studio-fabian.de/downloads_en/cinema-4d-plug-ins_en

Is there a reason you are exporting from Daz in FBX format? I always find the clothing does not follow the pose of the figure because of its own bone structure which leaves it in T-Pose position.

• ricktowersricktowers Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm actually just exporting an object (space ship) I purchased in Daz which I think was created in Poser. All the texturing has been done which looks great so that is why I'm exporting in FBX. The OBJ file is there with all the separate objects. Problem is if I import the OBJ file it doesn't have any textures and I would have to re-texture everything again. Thanks for the reply. I'll check that plugin but I'm not sure it's going to solve my problem since the OBJ file with separate objects already exists.

-RT

• X3DX3D Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

Riptide Pro or Interposer Pro Imports wavefront OBJ exported from Daz with all textures intact. But SplitToObjects will solve your imported FBX problem... if you ever wish to export Static figures then Riptide or Interposer would be useful.

• ricktowersricktowers Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much for the Interposer pro suggestion. It does exactly what I was looking for and so much more. Fantastic plugin. Cheers.

-RT

Riptide Pro or Interposer Pro Imports wavefront OBJ exported from Daz with all textures intact. But SplitToObjects will solve your imported FBX problem... if you ever wish to export Static figures then Riptide or Interposer would be useful.