trx or dpc?

SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm sure this has been asked a million times before but after searching the forums I couldn't find a direct answer whether to install dpc.exe or trx.exe for DAZ Studio 4.5 and Genesis on Win 7.

I tried to install both but the trx installer advised that I uninstall the dpc one to avoid conflicts so I did this and installed trx because the DAZ content file FAQ states that this is specifically for Genesis users. Is this correct?

My second question is about ds content installers. When I install them they aren't processed by DAZ Studio 4.5 when I open it like the dpc and trx installations are. Does that mean that DAZ Studio can't see them or is it because they don't contain meta data files that the DAZ library can see.

I'm really trying to get my head around all these different files and how to install them correctly.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Well, first...which program and version number...because that will pretty much determine which file you need to install. But in general, for newer stuff and releases that specifically for Genesis AND using DS4.5, you don't need the dpc files. But depending on the item and what files there are...

And for other content/older content...yes, lack of metadata is the primary reason it doesn't show. It should show in the Content Library, just not Smart Content...

• SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited December 1969

Thanks! I noticed that some trx need to have the dpc file installed as well otherwise the content won't load properly. While others won't let you install both. I'll just have to check that if the trx file is much smaller in size than the dpc file then I need to install both.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Superdog said:
    I'll just have to check that if the trx file is much smaller in size than the dpc file then I need to install both.

Pretty much...but it really does depend on the files available.