Sickle Super Hat And Hair Fixer

dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648
edited December 1969 in New Users

I have already extracted Sickle Super Hat And Hair Fixer.

I need to get it to the correct locations so that it will function.

I also don't know what to look for when first trying to use it. (It uses some kind of hood- I'm guessing- that is visibly turned off after being employed before rendering.)

I placed its 'My Library' file in the 'My Library' file (which contains 'Runtime, Templates, Posertrax, Geometries, ect...) where most of my installations are going.

But I'm not sure how to locate it (or where it should be placed)... or even where controls for its use are to be found

(If I can resolve my 'Sickle Super Hat And Hair Fixxer' and 'MosInvasion/Starship Crew' problem, I think i'm set to go.)

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You need to read the Reame file that comes with the product. Here is what is says in the readme available at the vendor's site:

Installation Instructions: Unzip to a separate folder using a program such as 7zip or Stuffit for Mac users. Copy and paste the My Library folder over your My Library directory. If you have no My Library, copy the People and Runtime folders over your own and choose yes to merge.

If you have merged the folder correctly it shoud be there in the People folder. Look inside the People folder in the ZIP file, and you will see exactly where they are installed into.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

You should place what is IN the extracted My Library folder in your My Library folder...not the folder itself. It's probably not showing up, because it's 'nested'.

Use your operating system's file manager to look for a My Library folder within your My Library and then move it up one level, merging the contents with your My Library.

• dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648
    edited January 2013

I've extracted the Zip file on my computer.

And YES. If I follow the path through PEOPLE, I come to Sickle Hat Fixer.

So...how do I locate it in Daz Studio?

How is it used?

(I'm beginning to understand what it does, but I don't have a clue as to how to locate it in order learn to use it.)

Post edited by dash2128 on
    edited January 2013

It should be in the Content Library pane, DAZ Studio Formats > My Library > People > Genesis, assuming that you put it into the correct folder. See the post above by mjc1016 to see where it is.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited January 2013

That helps me know where i should find it. Thanks.

I have a couple characters with headgear that have hair sprouting through the top of their caps. I need to fix them before I can use them.

It sounds like...the fixer hood is selected and placed under the cap? Then made invisible before rendering?

I'm not sure if that is how it works.

edited December 1969

Have you looked for any Readme files explaining how to use this? Surely there is some kind of instrctions with it?

Sickle Yield is a member here, you could pm her and ask?

edited January 2013

Oh? I may do that. Now I Have to focus on resolving the issue.

(Just in case you didn't get my 'Mos/Starship Crew' reply, I thought I'd let you know that I think I finally have that issue (at least mostly) resolved. You deserve an 85 Bears Superbowl ring, thanks!)