I broke it again

deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227
edited March 2017 in Daz Studio Discussion

I can no longer select an area of my character by clicking on the character itself. I just get a strange little yellow patch and I now have a red circle that follows my courser around. I have no idea how I did this so I have no idea how to fix it. It happened during a time when my machine was really bogged down and running really slow.  I was probably trying to click someplace but the machine read it as someplace completely diff rent. :) 

While I'm here I also broke - a long time ago - the ability to click and hold to drag things around (like click and hold on a characters hand then drag the hand around) 

Soooo anyone know how to fix what I broke. :D 

broken.jpg
173 x 213 - 14K
Post edited by deathbycanon on

Comments

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

I can no longer select an area of my character by clicking on the character itself. I just get a strange little yellow patch and I now have a red circle that follows my courser around. I have no idea how I did this so I have no idea how to fix it. It happened during a time when my machine was really bogged down and running really slow.  I was probably trying to click someplace but the machine read it as someplace completely diff rent. :) 

While I'm here I also broke - a long time ago - the ability to click and hold to drag things around (like click and hold on a characters hand then drag the hand around) 

Soooo anyone know how to fix what I broke. :D 

Looks like you have the geometry editor tool active, and you've selected a face. Try Tools -> Universal and things should get back to normal.

Hope this helps.

- Greg

Oh, and as far as the posing goes, it sounds like you might have been using the Active Pose tool. Don't personally use it, but you can activate it by selecting Tools - > ActivePose and see if it's what you are looking for.

- Greg

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

That worked on both accounts, thank you Greg! 

BTW I broke ActivePose just a couple days after downloading Daz for the 1st time, so I haven't used it much either! I think my posing is probably better for it, but I thought while I was here I might as well find out what I did to it. :)

You're welcome. If only all of life's problems were so easy to solve ;)

- Greg