What's wrong with Genesis 3 hands?

Hello folks, I may need your insight once more.

I like the Genesis 3 figure, but I am very disapointed with the hands. 

- Whenever I apply a specific Genesis 3 Hand Posing product the hands never pose like the product picture suggests. And I've tried with 2 different products.

- The fingers seem to have a really absurd bending up limit, like if the figure has athrosis, and I have to uncheck the limits for each phalange to try to have a pose I want (and still be anatomicaly possible) but as I do that the fingers turn to the left like in the picture. 

What might be wrong with my Genesis 3 figure?

Thank you

hand1.jpg
1000 x 750 - 175K
hand2.jpg
1000 x 750 - 338K

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

I haven't seen anything like this with the characters and poses I use.

Does this happen the basic Genesis 3 (male or female) from the Genesisi 3 Starter Essentials product, or is it on a specific character you created or purchased? If it is a specific character, please give us a link to the character in the store. What hand posing product are you using? Please give us a store link to that product, too.

• MortzeMortze Posts: 184

That's the Genesis 3 from Genesis 3 Starter Essentials but with a V4 morph character that I migrated with GenX2 https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2

I also used Legacy UV https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-3-v4/113767/ and the V4 character is Cariad https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/a3d-cariad-freckled-beauty/102826/ but I don't think that's relevant.

The hand poses is https://www.daz3d.com/hands-on

Just did a try and with a normal Genesis 3 figure loaded it works fine. But not with the genesis 3 with GenX2 applied...

Is that normal?

edited March 2017

I wouldn't think it was normal. I haven't noticed a problem like that with GenX2 morphs I've converted, but I don't think I've converted any V4 morphs. I have a few hand pose products, but not that one. What happens if you pose the fingers yourself with Pose Controls or by rotating the individual finger bones in the in the Parameters pane? I think that test would help determine whether it is a problem with the pose product or with the GenX2 conversion.

Edit: another thought - do the hands pose OK in Daz Studio on the real V4 character? You can't use the Genesisi 3 pose product, but try just posing the V4 hands and see if they work on the original character you bought.

Post edited by barbult on

With manual finger posing the same issue arises. In fact, I had noticed the issue before applying any pose product. 

The Cariad V4 character works fine. Never had any issue with any V4 character hands before. Just with the Genesis 3 figures to which I applied the GenX2 with V4 morphs. 

The issue remains with another hand posing product and Hands On works fine with a normal Genesis 3 figure so my guess is that the GenX2 with V4 morphs is doing that to the hands.

• SF-DesignSF-Design Posts: 986
    Have you tried to zero g3 before the pose? I had your problem once. Reason the figure was messed up by a previous pose.

I have. I did all these tests with a zeroed posed figure.

• Are you applying the morphs to a base Genesis 3 Female, or have you also applied the Victoria 4 shape? If so, which is it?

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

You could try selecting your figure, then at the top right of the scene tab choose edit-rigging- adjust rigging to shape. It's possjble the bones are misaligned. 

I have applied the Victoria 4 Shape to the Genesis 3 figure (after using GenX2 to import a V4 character).

I tried the rigging tip but it barely helped. The issue remains.

• I have applied the Victoria 4 Shape to the Genesis 3 figure (after using GenX2 to import a V4 character).

Where is the Victoria 4 shape (which group is it in in the parameters pane)?

I have applied the Victoria 4 Shape to the Genesis 3 figure (after using GenX2 to import a V4 character).

Where is the Victoria 4 shape (which group is it in in the parameters pane)?

Genesis 3 Female/Actor/Generation

I followed this tutorial for transferring a V4 character to Genesis. The basics of transferring to G3F seem to be the same. I transferrred SamV4. I dialed in Victoria 4 from Actor>Generation X>***People***.  It worked fine and the G3F hands pose fine. Maybe take a quick look at the tutorial and see it you missed a step or something.

I followed the same tutorial when I bought GenX2 and tried the first time... I don't know what might be wrong.

I'm out of ideas. Have you tried posting a question in the Generation X forum thread? Maybe more experienced users, or even the vendor, will see it there and have a suggestion.

Good Idea. I'll try it there. Thank you all for your efforts.

• Is that the full grouping? I'm just wondering if it's a clone only shape, not a true morph - is it a hidden property (greyed in the list) which you see only with Show Hidden properties on in the pane's option menu?