Previous plugins that work in 3delight but not IRAY..Lamh,Garabaldi,ParticleFX

So...My plugin doesnt work in IRAY but works perfectly in 3DElight..

I tried Garabaldi and it doesnt work in IRAY...

I havent tried LAMH but since it is a node based system I think it isnt working in IRAY either...(But if it is can we talk)

I would like to know what DAZ has to say about this...

In order to upload the plugin I have to have it compatible with IRAY since DAZ implemented this render editor..

But if IRAY doesnt support node based systems then how do we get around this stipulation on the upload process...?

I have tried contacting Nvidia even on the devs forum but no reply since DS isnt high on their list..Does Max or Maya or even Lightwave support this option...?

Is there a plugin we can rewrite to support this option in DS...?

Comments

• Both plug-ins allow you to export the hair as OBJ - do that when you have finished posing, import it and apply materials. It won't be as memory efficient as the 3Delight render curves but it is usable.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

In the LaMH plugin only — if you have the full plugin, not just the free version, you can export the hair objects as Fiberhair, which is more memory and resources efficient than a plain .obj export. Be aware, though, that it isn't just click-click-go; the conversion can be a bit slow, you should delete the original curves hair objects after conversion, to save memory, and the Iray materials conversion will almost definitely not look right at first attempt, you will probably need to tweak the materials settings a few times.