An Apology

Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
edited December 1969 in The Commons

These forums are a community resource and I apologize for bringing unneeded commotion to them. I will now put myself in timeout.

Thank you.

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Wait, what? Huh? Why? O.o

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited December 1969

Wait, what? Huh? Why? O.o

Ditto!

Did I miss something? Now I'm curious.

On second thought, perhaps I should offer up my apologies for all the bother, bemusement, and bitching that I cause then, now, and forever.

It's nice to know that guilt is not a dead emotion. It should be fanned like a flame, not extinquished. Jewish mothers unite! 8-o

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited December 1969

awww....Gedd.... *hugs* :)

If it's about what I think it was about... it really wasn't that bad...certainly doesn't deserve a time out or anything... just had some product issues... Anyone can have some of those. (Sooo guilty of that myself more than a few times)

Hope today is better! :)

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Hey, Gedd, I hope I didn't precipitate that. You and I have similar backgrounds in computing and in many ways think the same. So I always look forward to your postings.

edited December 1969

You were fine, I appreciated your input. Actually it was all me for the most part.

• TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Apology accepted, Admiral.

137.gif
    31 x 26 - 546B
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited January 2013

Commotion? Wow, I haven't been around here in few days... or like two weeks maybe... You have seemed to be a pretty nice person so far, so aside from maybe posting a video of you firing angry ferrets out of a T-shirt cannon at retired nuns in wheelchairs, you probably haven't done anything worse than I have and I... hmm... thats not a good example... actually thats a really bad example... I'm a really bad example...
    Look, without me actually going and looking up your posts I can probably say (actually I can say it, it just might not be accurate) (you know what is hard to say... susceptible... everyone always says supseptable... and forget about saying it when you are eating soup)... ?... Oh yeah... You seem like a nice person so if you caused a non-ferret related commotion, it probably wasn't out of meanness or ego, so I'm sure nobody will really fault you... besides a little commotion is good sometimes... every now and then the world needs someone to stand up and shake the tree... yeah some nuts fall out, but they were gonna fall anyway, yeah?... Commotion is part of life, it goes hand in hand with emotion and telling people what you really feel... without emotion, we would all just be ruthless killer cyborgs with a red laser eye and an Austrian accent looking to kill Sarah Conner... and let me tell you, that gets real boring very quickly, never mind the annoying and repetitious time paradoxes... Commotion is caring... or sharing...(have no idea what you did or said and still hope it didn't involve high velocity ferrets)... sometimes commotion is honesty and facing one's limitations and the frailty of our humanity, sometimes its revolution, it is standing up and saying what you feel because you believe it's what the people need to hear... it's passing out the pitchforks and the Rum and shouting "Who's with me?!!" as you storm the palace gates, the smell of gunpowder and the tinkling of breaking glass... the roar of the crowd as you stand atop the grand staircase a bottle of Seco in one hand and your ferret launcher in the other, you cry out "TO THE REVOLUTION!" and the crowd shouts back "VIVA LA REVOLUCION!! VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!"....
    uh... yeah... maybe you got a point there, I've got no idea what I'm talking about... and I've never been to Panama... EVER.
    Actually, I'm probably the last person who should be responding to this, so I should probably just go back to whatever it was that I've been doing for the past two weeks or so that does NOT involve anything crazy or suspicious and possibly illegal and a little iffy on the ethical nature... whatever that is... maybe I'll go finish making pork chops... I was cooking a big pile of them, and I'm actually gnawing on one right now... very tasty... a little spicy... Panamanian style... I mean not Panamanian style... uh... Moroccan... or Dutch... I could have learned to make spicy pork chops in Amsterdam? Right?
    You know... overall most of the people here are pretty cool, especially the ones that have been here the longest... most of them are pretty old and have probably forgotten what you did or said by now anyway, but those that didn't or are not quite so elderly are pretty nice people... hell, none of them have paid for any assassins to kill me yet, and that is saying a lot about their character and kindness... of course they could just be cheap and waiting for and assassin sale at Home Despot... but I'll just assume that they are nice... so what I think I'm trying to probably say is... the people here at these forums are usually pretty nice if not a little cheap, and they know you are probably just human and not a ruthless cyborg, so they'll forgive you if it was even something of consequence, and if not, most of them are so damn old and senile they probably forgot already... you know, besides This IS a forum and the very origin of the word Forum invokes controversy and debate... I mean weren't the romans always bludgeoning and poisoning each other in their forums? Nobody has been bludgeoned or poisoned here lately, so we are all good... no need to put yourself in a timeout or feel bad about it.
    Unless it WAS something horrible... in that case you probably might even want to seek out a professional discipliner to teach you a lesson about being bad... never-mind, that seems to illegal in most states... well, whatever... then you'll just have to sort it out on your own... but anyway... No worries, yeah?

Post edited by McGyver on
    edited January 2013

Um, lordvicore,

Don't stay away so long. All your pent up postings come gushing out at once. :D (Wish we could use image tags to put our own smileys in.)

Post edited by Torby on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566
    edited December 1969

Torby said:
    Apology accepted, Admiral.

Agreed. Not going to miss all the 'every product is borked" threads, LOL.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,822
    edited December 1969

Gedd, I know you are thinking a squeaky wheel gets more lubricant, we have an exceptionally talented but serial thread starter in the Carrara forum too though he has calmed down lately and refrained from using uppercase in his thread titles continuosly.
    A few users got very annoyed with him knocking everyone elses threads of the first page with his multiple threads, bumping is frowned on too.
    My solution, (and by my thread count you can see it works!!) which does not step on toes or cause moderation is REPLY!! to other's posts!!!
    find the item you have issues with in the forum by seach where another is discussing it and add input.
    or
    contact the vendor if it really seems to be an issue.
    bearing in mind much older stuff IS designed for Poser not Daz studio as that is what Daz did, made Poser content but we do not want to see those items vaulted when a few tweaks is all that is needed which Daz would do rather than fix them all!!!

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

The squeaky wheel gets lubricant... that sounds... suggestive... BUT, anyway... Using uppercase is frowned upon? Is that wrong? I was under the impression that many of the occupants of the forum where older... what if they can't see what I saying... my dad is a little deaf (actually he just pretends he is so he doesn't have to talk to me), so when I talk to him I have to raise my volume a little... that and I'm half Italian so normally I have to use uppercase letters when I talk... so is using uppercase letters not socially acceptable? Damn, bumping is frowned upon too... wait... what kind of bumping?... bumpy bump bumping or some sort of forum related bumping? Because you can bump the heck out of someone in person, but really how do you bump someone without actually being there? They pretty much have to do all the bumping all alone on their own and that is just a matter of free will at that point, so who is to blame if you say something that causes someone to go on a bumping spree? ... You know I think I might be mistaken and you probably mean some sort of forum related bumping, which I hope is nothing like real life bumping, because that just puts everything in a weirder light... but, I digress... actually I can't digress because I actually had nothing to say... I was just trying to see if my keyboard still worked after the pork chop fell on it... it took me more than an hour to lick all the sauce out of the keys but apparently it still works. But it still smells tasty. I wonder if there is a market for edible keyboards? that probably does not make any sense, because if you had to eat your keyboard, you'd probably need to eat the whole computer too, just to destroy the evidence and I'm pretty sure enough people would forget to unplug the computer before they ate it and then you would end up getting sued because people would be getting electrocuted all willy-nilly.... unless you only sold it to the CIA... they'll eat anything to destroy it, plugged in or not...
    But I digress further... which makes less sense because I had nothing to say to begin with and now that I'm intending to stop writing it means I have even less to say... Well, being that Gedd seemed a little bummed out, maybe I made him smile or snicker or something so maybe there was a point... I never know what I'm really up to.

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited January 2013

hahahahahaha!!

"VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!"

OK.... too much fun, you are! :)

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
    edited December 1969

hehe :)

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    edited December 1969

If you enjoyed Lordvicore's comments, you should check out his freebies at ShareCG...

edited January 2013

Wait, seriously, what the hell happened that's causing all of this apology and whatnot? O_o

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 621
    edited January 2013

ahdunnoman

Maybe be a Harry Potter reference, "The-Thread-That-Must-Not-Be-Named!"

Post edited by Ryuu@AMcCF on
    edited December 1969

No, it's a Doctor Who reference, "The question that must never be answered."

Doctor Who?

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Dropped your pork chop on the keyboard and licking the keys. ROFLMAO.

edited December 1969

MY MIND IS FULL OF F**K

67[1].jpg
    600 x 377 - 63K
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    These forums are a community resource and I apologize for bringing unneeded commotion to them. I will now put myself in timeout.

Thank you.

Why do you care what people think? If you didn't break any rules then screw them I say. I didn't know who you were before this thread so yeah, whatever commotion you think you caused didn't make much of a noise. In fact, I think the only reason most people now know about this is because you gave in to peer pressure and allowed them to put you on a guilt trip.