Real Deal for Real Feel Turtleneck 50% discount - [SORTED]

Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 403
edited January 2013 in The Commons

On the blurb for both the Real Feel Turtleneck and textures it says:

Get 50% off the Real Deal for Real Feel Cozy Turtleneck textures when purchased with this item! Both items must be purchased in the same cart transaction. Offer expires January 31, 2013.

The expansion is $6.95 but if you put them both in your cart, your discount is exactly... $2.00. I know I'm not brilliant at maths, but is this some new definition of half price I'm not aware of?? :lol:

Am I the only person having this problem? (I really hope not...)

notexactlyhalfprice.jpg
996 x 494 - 60K
Post edited by Pax Asteriae on

Comments

• Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

Actually the discount applied is correct, in fact slightly more than 50% I believe! The price of the textures is $9.95 and you are paying $4.95, a saving of $5.00, which is slightly more than a 50% discount :)

• Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 403
    edited December 1969

Really? I'll take your word for it, I will never understand how Daz manage to make these things more complicated than they need to be! ;-)

I can happily stuff everything else back into my cart and check out now. :-) Thanks!

• Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

It can get very confusing at times! Especially if there are errors too (just check the current thread about Dragon Queen). But basically you need to remember that the discount percentages are never multiplied together. So in this case the offer doesn't mean you get half off the price that's already at a launch discount, you get 50% off instead of 30%. But of course putting it the way Daz does in its ads looks much better! Bless 'em :D

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

2/6,95 is about 29%, so no you didn't get the proper discount. Sounds like they have a bug in their code, as well, so making a bug report may be a good idea.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

9.95 x 30% = $2.985 $9.95 - $2.99 = $ 6.96

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Remember, it is 50% off the BASE PRICE ($9.95). We are sorry things get complicated when multiple discounts are applying, but hope that getting 50% off on such a great set makes up for any small math confusion.
    Thanks,
    Kevin