ok i'm confused

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

sorry noobish question here

i haven't bought ANYTHING on Daz website since they upgraded

so do the models still work with Daz Studio ? i only using DAZ 3 its the only version my computer will use with out crashing its OLD!!!

i notice they all mention now Genesis is that some kind of figure i have to DL before i can use them? sorry i'm such a NOOOB!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,109
    edited December 1969

Genesis won't work in DS3, other items may - you need to llok at the What's Included page to see if there are .daz files, or Poser files (.cr2 etc.) and DS materials (.dsa, .dsb or .dse - not .dsf or .duf).

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,879
    edited January 2013

Hello. You mentioned your pc is older, so I don't know if this will help, but many people have said DS4.5 runs faster on their pc's than DS3 did. (And the Pro version is currently FREE: http://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-4-pro )

Yes, Genesis is a new figure, but as Richard mentioned, it only works in DS4 (or higher).

I would recommend trying the new DS4.5 and see if it runs on your machine. There have been quite a few changes and you may enjoy them... however... if you can not use DS4... all of the older figures (Generation 4 or earlier) still work in DS3 and some vendors are still making things that will work. (Some new Stand alone figures come to mind).

Anyway...I'm sure we can help you find whatever you may need...

and...btw....welcome back! :)

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Genesis is basically the new toy for Daz users (and Poser users with the converter). It's a new character figure which can be morphed into all kinds of shapes and sizes, so that clothes can fit across the spectrum. It's not necessary to have Genesis any more than any other figure, it's just the 'upgrade' that things are slowly moving towards.

If you're using an older machine, then your old content will work perfectly fine as it always has, and the Daz store still has support for many of the older figures too. Gen 4 (V4, K4, M4 etc) especially shows no sign of dying out just yet. If and when you upgrade your PC, Genesis will be waiting, and I guarantee you'll love it.