HAIR COLOR

dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648
edited January 2013 in New Users

I applied Aldora Hair for Genesis to a female genesis figure, but when I try to change it to blond, it will not change.

I have tried other hair styles, they do not change, either.

In 'Render', the hair is still dark. (It looks good, it's just brunette.)

The lighter Aldora hair colors won't seem to apply to the hair.

I did use the Stephanie dial to change shape to the figure, I do not know if that, or some other action is affecting things.

I also tried to change the color myself, that created a 'plastic'-looking hair, but even that would not render anything other than dark hair.

Would 'Full and Feathered Hair for Genesis' work? Or would I just have the same problem?

If I could just get some blond hair on this figure, I could proceed.

Any suggestions?

Post edited by dash2128 on

Comments

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Have you the hair selected when you try to apply the color, or have you the whole Genesis selected? You must select only the hair. I used Aldora recently, without problem. Select hair, click hair color preset, done.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What version of DS are you using, Help > About DAZ Studio ?

What format is your Aldora hair in, is the file called Aldora Hair.DUF? Is it a DSF version? You may need to reset your download for that item, and download it again.

You also have to have the Hair selected in the Scene pane before double clicking on the material that you want to apply.

• dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648
    edited December 1969

It says 'Aldora Hair.duf'. (And I wasn't aware of the format till you told me.)

I tried the suggestion in the first post. Hair still rendered dark. I made sure that 'Scene' was selected, like you said.

I'm considering purchasing 'Full and Feathered Hair for Genesis' just for the style, it might be closer to what this figure needs. And it appears to be blond. If that is its base, maybe it would load blond, like Aldora loads brown.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

. I made sure that ‘Scene’ was selected, like you said.

You MUST select the Aldora Hair in the Scene pane, then apply the material, if you have Genesis selected it wont work.

edited December 1969

I'm doing that, so the issue may be something else. I'll have to troubleshoot the problem later, and find an alternative for now.

edited December 1969

That may have worked! Thanks triple!