just to let you know,,,maybe it doesnt matter?

last night i uninstalled everything in daz,carrerra, hexagon, all content ............so i know you all ready know why..i do have one last request before i take my card numbers out and dont purchse any thing else ....is there a script to completely remove all user setting and the like from the machine...just in case i want to start over? thanks for your co-operation.

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,825

reinstall Windows cheeky

CCleaner and its registry cleaner does a pretty good job

no need to give up 3D though, my days too are numbered here but my plethora of older content and software shall still be put to good use and occasionally added to from other sites that in my case support Carrara.

I fully understand not wanting to be a part of this communtity though.

• 1234MATT1234MATT Posts: 219

well the community and its populos are good peple...the letting customer problems go for week and weeks and of course they respond quickly,,but if i knew enough to answer thier questions,,,wht would i need that much help any way,,,and if i dont enough to answer thier questions about the problems,,,,then i cant just start over and make a better go of thing cause that might result in happy money spending customer!!!!,,,get it?

well the community and its populos are good peple...the letting customer problems go for week and weeks and of course they respond quickly,,but if i knew enough to answer thier questions,,,wht would i need that much help any way,,,and if i dont enough to answer thier questions about the problems,,,,then i cant just start over and make a better go of thing cause that might result in happy money spending customer!!!!,,,get it?

ok,,so here is the problem,,,i cant fixthe content issue,,,,i really dont know if they can or not,,,,so ,,,,i need to wipe daz stuff clean and start over,,,,can i do that without reinstallng windows ?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,825
    edited March 2017

sorry, I thought taking card numbers out, not purchasing anything else you were ending your 3D journey.

a clean reinstall is often a very good idea.

CCleaner should help.

Also a very good idea is to not use a credit card, use paypal, there has been a lot of online hacking on many sites and its better to be safe online everywhere.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • If you uninstall everything and delete the \users\public\Documents\DAZ 3D and the users\your_user_name\Documents\Daz 3D you should have a clean computer.

You can run CCleaner if you want but I don't think you need to do that.

ok so those things are done,,,the symptom i am experienceing is that afterall that i downloaded 4.9 and manually installed it,,,low and behold..there were all the old "product / catagorie files " right there just like they were before i got rid of the "public" and "documents" locations...it seems that in one of those hidden $daz file folders is the setting and products from the old install. i really expected that not to happen. i can delete the hybernation back and the shadow copy....but really isnt there just a script to run? thanks

so tonight i take my card numbers out,,,sorry all you venders,,,i am the perfect customer you want because of my knowlege level,or lack there of. why wouldnt you make some kind of provision to clean things up? or mske it so that when things do get messed up they can be fixed and progress goes on. 

so now do i needf to put in a support tickett?

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136

To do a clean uninstall:

After uninstalling, check and delete the following locations:

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\ - this is the main program install location

C:\Users\your_name\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\ - this is the location of the main configuration files

C:\Users\your_name\Documents\DAZ3D Libraries (or some variation of) - basically, your content directory/directories

Finally, ​use a registry cleaner to remove registry entries for each program  You'll specifically need to make sure the keys under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DAZ are deleted, as these are the main configuration keys

That should be pretty much everything needed to completely remove DAZ from your system.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

AppData folder is hidden by default in Windows.  From Window's Start button select "Help and Support", type "hidden" in to search box and you should get an option to show you how to show hidden folders.

ok, thank you very much. i did evrything except the registry key at this point and it went well enough i installed 4.9 . i found that all the data in thfiles were gone and that it left the file folder there...i understand that registry eiting is high level,,,but as soon as i get a couple of hours to dedicate to it i will uninstall the registry keys. I cant thank you enough.... maybe i should take a better look at poser, there seems to be tons of info out there on them. not sure what to do . i have quite an investment in daz at this point

...non the less thanks for the help! 

Poser's library system is very much the same as Studio's Content Library pane system.  What you need to do is close all Smart Content panes and ignore Products and Categories in the Content Library pane.  You should also familarize yourself with the concepts of relative and asolute addressing.

ok, thank you very much. i did evrything except the registry key at this point and it went well enough i installed 4.9 . i found that all the data in thfiles were gone and that it left the file folder there...i understand that registry eiting is high level,,,but as soon as i get a couple of hours to dedicate to it i will uninstall the registry keys. I cant thank you enough.... maybe i should take a better look at poser, there seems to be tons of info out there on them. not sure what to do . i have quite an investment in daz at this point

...non the less thanks for the help! ....... yes i think some of the file folder sytem is my next step to learn,,thank you, this was very frustrateing. i think i know what road i will look for now. thanks again

jestmart said:

Poser's library system is very much the same as Studio's Content Library pane system.  What you need to do is close all Smart Content panes and ignore Products and Categories in the Content Library pane.  You should also familarize yourself with the concepts of relative and asolute addressing.

edited March 2017

ok now i deleted the registry keys useing regedit.but only from the location you listed.I have not reinstalled any thing. it seems i should reinstall 4.9 from my download and do it manually......after that , i guess i could install like we used to back in 2.3.  or i could use install manager to down load my content. or i could down load content from the connect menue, which will install it automatically.... do i have a handle on this? and just to make sure,,,,4.9 will install the default folder structure to work with...correct?   thanks

Post edited by 1234MATT on

Use DIM!  In DIM just open Preferences (the cog icon) and make sure the download and install paths are to your liking.  Then in Studio open the Preferences and in the Content pane click the Content Directory Manager button at the bottom.  Add the same content (Installation) path from DIM to the Studio and Poser Formats in Studio and everything will work (unless a product is packaged wrong and that does happen sometimes).

ok,,,yesw,,i will check that