Hi. What content...?

joe-2212490joe-2212490 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi.

I have the basic Das Studio installed and I am having fun!

Obviously there is a lot more potential in this software than I can begin to imagine with my limited knowledge.

What do experienced users recommend as essential components to download for new users?

I originally downloaded this software because I was looking for a pose-able figure to be my life drawing model. Genesis seems to be the model I was looking for even though the number of poses is a bit limited. I would also like more props such as clothing, hair, and scenes or settings.

Victoria looks fantastic but expensive for someone just looking for a simple tool, but I somehow feel as if I am missing out on something special if I do not purchase a figure or something?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited January 2013

Hello and Welcome to the forums joe

If you have Genesis, you have the latest model that is available, and it is free too :)

Genesis is so versatile, it can be a man, woman, child, baby, gorilla, Ogre, and even Anubis among others. Clothing that fits the base genesis model usually fits all of the morphs with very few exceptions. There is a lot of free clothing available for Genesis on ShareCG, and also for V4, which can be used on Genesis via the Autofit tool.

There are lots of morphs for Genesis in the store, the ones that most people buy are Evolution Head and Body morphs, and Genesis Evolution Expressions, but these are only useful if you want to create your own characters, with different body and face shapes and facial expressions.

There is no need to buy anything straight away, you have a good range out of the box. There are quite a lot of Poses that come with Genesis in My Library > People > Genesis > Poses, such as Basic Child, Basic Female and Basic Male, but you can use them as a strating point to create your own. You can use the Active Pose Tool (Alt+Shift+P) to move the limbs around, and you can also use Powerpose and Pupeteer.

Pupeteer can move from one pose to another and you can stop it anywhere between poses when you have what you want.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • joe-2212490joe-2212490 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks JimmyC,

that cleared a few things up for me. Nice to know that there is still a lot to explore before forking out the cash!

I have another question: Why is my first name appearing as my user name? I went into my account and tried to edit it, typed in password to save it but says "administration doesn't allow changing user name".

Pretty sure I didn't select joe as my user name?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you send a PM to one of the mods, Richard Haseltine or Chohole, then I think they can change the username for you. You could also just use the Report button on your last post, and explain the situation, and a mod will see it.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

PM Richard Haseltine, he is the only one can change your forum name. Give him the name you would like to use, and also the email address that you use to log in with, so he can be certain.