How to find "uncategorized" files in the content library?

It has been a very long time since I installed new content.  As a result, I have not been paying attention to how Daz Studio has evolved in this regard..  

Previously, I was able to locate newly installed files by choosing "scan known directories for new files...".  When the scan was complete, the Content Library highlighted all folders containing new files and placed any uncategorized content into the Default/Unassigned cagetory.  Daz Studio no longer seems to do this.

Is there a comprehensive way to scan my content to identify uncategorized files?  Thanks.

Comments

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421

ΗΙ

most of install dazproducts got "runtime/Support/xxxx.DSA (or DSX extension)
    if you whan to refresh install manualy check your product and put those 3 files (xxx.dsa xxx.dsx + xx.jpg) in forlder C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\RunOnce

next start of DS you wil see on screen the window ask you to validate or select those 'new' products,

those DSA, DSX extenstion found on runtime/support/ of allassigned Daz folder is what DS read when you use the 'RE IMPORT METADATA'

• Joe827Joe827 Posts: 225
    edited March 2017

Thanks for your reply, but I don't think this will accomplish what I am looking for.  I am looking for a way to identify uncategorized content after installation as well as all existing uncategorized content in my library.  This could include Daz Products, Poser Products from runtime and freebies that I've manually installed.

Previously, all uncategorized content was placed in the Default/Unassigned category under the in the Content Library tab.  So all I had to do was categorize them one-by-one until the Unassigned category was empty.  I liked this feature a lot because it ensured that I found everything.  Without this, I have to resort to looking through the file lists line-by-line in order to categorieze everything.  This is more time consuming and prone to error.

Does anyone with Daz know if this feature is still there, but achieved in a different way?

Update: I've attached a screen cap of the current "Default" category in my content library tab.  The Cameras, Characters and Clothing categories are my own.  Default comes with Daz Studio and is populated with a bunch of well, default catagories.  If I delete these, they just come back.  "Unassigned" (or maybe "Uncategoriezed") used to appear near the bottom of this list.

ContentLibrary.PNG
    639 x 806 - 28K
    Post edited by Joe827 on