Stonemason Contest

124»

Comments

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited February 2013

Maybe he is an android and there is a man inside the robot suit? Anyway, whatever, looks super and wonderfully complex. Showing off what Bryce can do!

Edit, don't forget you can have two entries.

Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 1969

Thanks Horo and David. I made the mistake of posing the 2 figures around the prop all in D|S and while everything looked good there, it didn't work so well in Bryce (LOL).

And thanks David, I forgot about being allowed 2 entries - already started another.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 847
    edited December 1969

First when the Stonemason contest startet I thought there is sooo much time, and now I just made it on the very last day. ;-)
    Though I am not sure, if I met the rules of the contest, because I did not use the original textures of the Stonemason model "under the bridge". Not because I did not like them, but I was in a hurry, and could not figure out how to use them. I hope the bridge model is not yet too spoilt.

zwei_bruecken.jpg
    1300 x 780 - 163K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

First when the Stonemason contest startet I thought there is sooo much time, and now I just made it on the very last day. ;-)
    Though I am not sure, if I met the rules of the contest, because I did not use the original textures of the Stonemason model "under the bridge". Not because I did not like them, but I was in a hurry, and could not figure out how to use them. I hope the bridge model is not yet too spoilt.

Great entry! The render looks fantastically crisp, the clouds and the streaming rays look photoreal and it is nice the way that the edge of the huge impossible arch is lit. The birds and materials give it a good sense of scale. As to if you have met the rules of the contest, I guess that is for Stonemason to decide.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,147
    edited December 1969

@electro-elvis - great render, great entry. Very well done.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 847
    edited March 2013

Thank you David and Horo

I would have liked to insert a person in my scene, but in the moment I have trouble with the newest DAZ Studio (I cannot find any presets). This really annoys me so much, that I have serouisly thought of purchasing Poser.

Anyway it is nice to see all these great Bryce renders. I have to admit that they often look better, than scenes made with Vue or DAZ Studio... Oh boy, maybe I am a bit too adicted to Bryce. ;-) (My wife would confirm this sentence immediatly.)

Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You can't be too addicted to Bryce

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,147
    edited December 1969

Indeed!

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 1969

Voting (and contest images) are up here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20404/

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited April 2013

Took me a long time to come up with my choices. I couldn't believe the high level of renders submitted. Good luck to all Brycers who entered. :-)

Post edited by Miss B on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,019
    edited December 1969

All the entries are absolutely magnificent. Good luck to all Brycers who entered.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

I narrowed it down to 29, then went through those 29 to whittle it down more. I don't know how many times I viewed all of the images until I got my 8 favorite. Glad I don't do this for a living because there were many I really liked that didn't make it on my 8 favorites list.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2013

I have to agree with you Guss, I hate the voting side of things, it is so hard to be really unbiased and not vote for people rather than purely for the images. I am still struggling with my votes. Being able to select 8 instead of just 3 does make it a bit easier.

Post edited by Chohole on