Bryce 7 windows 10 64 installation issue

I downloaded Bryce 7 Pro (SKU:11034) and the needed Visual C++ things and I got Bryce lightning rather than bryce itself and when I launched it after installation, I got a window at the corner of my screen. It showed the computer name, IP address, ray misses and not the landscape generator. The window does not move. Is there a step I missed?

Comments

• UPDATE: the golden lighting pack won't install, the path was not defined right. Is there a specific installation method for this program?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2017

So you need to install the actuall program first,  not Bryce lightning. 

Click on the icon indicated  ↑   and then  when you see this screen   install Bryce 7.1.0.109_Win32.exe

Post edited by Chohole on
  • I wish that were mroe clear.

Thanks, I'll retry installation.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,120

Bryce and content can be installed anywhere, though there a a few items that need to be in a particular folder.  Lightning is a network render client and only of use if you have a home network. Since you have got the free Golden Lighting, download the ZIP, do not use DIM. Then unpack it to a temporary folder. In the "Docs" folder is the "Bryce Content FAQ.pdf" document that tells you everything you need to know to install Bryce and any content for it.

• I got Lightning installed already, it's the golden lighting and rule of thirds that need the path defined. Things I got from the marketplace that need the install manager seem to be problematic.

Also, I looked for the content PDF and I did not find it except in the downloaded item.

Thanks, by the way. The long and short is that these things might be better off installed manually, I presume?

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,120

Absolutely. Manual installation of all Bryce stuff is the way. DIM was made for Studio and works nicely for Studio. There is a lot of freedom where to install some of the stuff and this makes it difficult to define defaults. The PDF is usually contained in all of the stuff I have in the store but it is also available on my website for free download: (Bryce & CG Documents > Mine > Diverse).

• Just install bryce in windows 10 in a new computer but for some reason you can't change the colors anywhere I just get gray tones. Any ideas thanks