Installed an older version of Decimator now it don't work.

ShoikoShoiko Posts: 4
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

So I installed Decimator from when I first bought it with the game developers packet. I loaded daz and it stated that the load failed. So I found one post that stated they just uninstalled everything and installed it back. I tried this and it did not re-install Decimator. So i uninstalled and delete everything in the daz studio folder. This failed as well. So I'm guessing that there's a reg key that notes that a plugin is still installed?

Also I noticed the not on daz studio that states that you should not install that old version because its included in the daz installer so now im kind of stuck...

Any idea on how to get this plugin back?

Thank
Kevin

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

With DAZ Studio closed:

Go to your DAZ Studio install directory\Plugins\

Find and delete dzdecimator.dll

Reinstall the appropriate edition of DAZ Studio.

Launch DAZ Studio.

Go to Help > About Installed Plugins

Find Decimator

Make sure your serial number is entered.

Restart DS

Launch Decimator. :)

• ShoikoShoiko Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

I tried this and it is still not working. The version is 4.5.1.6 Pro Edition. When I reinstall the Decimation is now gone and the only plug in that needs a serial is animate2

• ShoikoShoiko Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

fyi decimator is not in the list

• erostewerostew Posts: 214
    edited February 2013

Shoiko said:
    Also I noticed the not on daz studio that states that you should not install that old version because its included in the daz installer so now im kind of stuck...

I can't say for certain because I don't own Decimator but I don't know if it is in the main D|S installer anymore. The last couple of beta versions had separate installers for Decimator. You should try to reset Decimator/Game Developer Pack and see if it gives you a newer version installer to download.
    Post edited by erostew on