Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,026
    edited December 1969

Coffee time.

funny-pictures-coffee-frog-biscotti3.jpg
    500 x 349 - 26K
  • JMCarriganJMCarrigan Posts: 179
    edited December 1969

Born Jan 20th 1949 and the HALF-OFF coupon code I received did not work. How does one know when I model was created? I saw no date on the model I bought for full price because it was newer than 60 days. It'll be something simple I bet.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Slow day ;)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,602
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Wow... this thread title makes me imagine this is a café. (Btw, "café" is copied from google... How do I write Cafe with the ' over the E? Is there some keyboard thing I press to add the ' ?)

Nice work Borg! Like the aged details :) Is that LAMH/GH hair I see?

...I just go into MS Word, select Insert/Symbol/"é" and voila: I have "Café"

...just my 2¢ worth.

edited December 1969

2 pairs of good shoes got thrown out.I liked those shoes. I do not know the reason they got thrown out. I am so upset. it feels like part of my hope is crumbling away.

...your shoes? Thrown out by someone else?
    edited December 1969

...wow, just saw the weekly PC newsletter and my goofball Leela w/car pinup was one of the featured pics from the monthly render challenge.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,096
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Spyro said:
    Wow... this thread title makes me imagine this is a café. (Btw, "café" is copied from google... How do I write Cafe with the ' over the E? Is there some keyboard thing I press to add the ' ?)

Nice work Borg! Like the aged details :) Is that LAMH/GH hair I see?

...I just go into MS Word, select Insert/Symbol/"é" and voila: I have "Café"

...just my 2¢ worth.

If you have MS Word, when you look at those symbols, I think it tells you what the keystroke is to reproduce that special character. I used to have a chart that showed special characters...it's not a big secret, although not all fonts have the same characters in certain positions. There are some basic ones that are always the same, though. You might be able to find such a chart in an HTML reference online.

Dana

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...wow, just saw the weekly PC newsletter and my goofball Leela w/car pinup was one of the featured pics from the monthly render challenge.

Congratulations!

Dana

edited December 1969

OK, I found Alt Codes List. there were many others, but this seemed sufficient.

I ♥ Google! :-)

To get that heart, I held down the Alt key and pressed the 3 key on the numeric keypad.
    To get your accented e, é, hold down the Alt key and type 130 on the numeric keypad. When you release the Alt key, the character appears. But look at the chart, bookmark it, and you'll have a reference for many others at your fingertips!

Dana

edited December 1969

...as my notebook doesn't have a numeric keypad (well it kind of does, but to use if for a hot key sequence requires rather limber fingers and a contortionist's dexterity as you also need to hold down the "Fn" toggle key as well, not something someone with stiff arthritic hands like myself is able to do) I end up having to use the insert symbol menu instead. However I do have a cheat sheet in notepad with the most common ones I use.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Hmmm. -9 C over here... a nice nippy morning, and the sun is slowly climbing over the horizon too...

edited December 1969

...been in the low to mid 20s just about every morning for the last week.

Warm up is finally on the way but they're talking about freezing rain here tomorrow morning during the transition until the cold air at the surface gets scoured out of the valleys (it's actually been warmer at higher elevations which sets up the conditions for rain to freeze as it falls through the colder air near the surface). If that happens I don't leave the house as I not only live on a hill but have a sloping driveway to walk down. At my age I cannot afford to take a fall as I could be laid up for weeks if I do.

I'll take a foot of snow over a half inch thick icy glaze any day. At least I can walk in snow, plus that would give me a day off as it would totally paralyze the city here since we rarely get heavy snowfalls (heck, just getting a couple inches triggers a "winter storm alert").

Hopefully the bad stuff will stay in the Columbia Gorge and we just get plain old rain here in the city,

Well nite all.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

NON COMPLAINT - SKIRIKI HAS RETURNED! RETURN OF THE SKIRIKI!! :-P

Great to have you back.... And just to rub it it...

RUB_IT_IN.jpg
    348 x 93 - 28K
    edited December 1969

Haha.

Well... take THIS!

LIcrV.jpg
    560 x 393 - 115K
    edited December 1969

Cute and aggressive. I like that :)

edited December 1969

Ungh. Gotta get dressed in weather-appropriate manner and skulk off to the store to get some spring onion or leeks.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

No snow bikini then? ;-)

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    No snow bikini then? ;-)

Naaaaaaah... I think that might be a bit too much for my neighbors, and they'd get me involuntarily committed for a mental health check-up. ;) They got enough to tolerate in my "eat ice cream while walking back home in freezing weather" act.

edited January 2013

LMAO! Maybe the neighbors would like to see you in the Snow Bikini

- Mind you I wouldn't like to see my neighbors in a snow bikini... Both sides are males only, one my age and somewhat violent without cause (Coincidently he also works security... Go figure?), his house mate is a big old Truckie, and on the other side is a single guy that chose alcohol over his girlfriend. My street is nice, dont get me wrong. But many are far from my age, and chicks my age in my street are a rarity LMAO.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Haha.

Well... take THIS!

Awwww teh cute

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,026
    edited December 1969

Complaint: I think I need a haircut. I don't like getting a haircut. A stranger has to touch me all over my head, which seems both intimate and cold at the same time. Just feels creepy.
    Probably not the average human reaction to a haircut.
    Question: I don't consider myself to be above average, below average, or average. But what else is there?

funny-animal-01.jpg
    1055 x 679 - 78K
    edited December 1969

Strong smokey smell in the air tonight from the fire out of town. Bad memories.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited January 2013

Skiriki said:
    M F M said:
    No snow bikini then? ;-)

Naaaaaaah... I think that might be a bit too much for my neighbors, and they'd get me involuntarily committed for a mental health check-up. ;) They got enough to tolerate in my "eat ice cream while walking back home in freezing weather" act.

iz never too cold for ice cream.

12F outside right now. hot fudge on ice cream, at least it's warmer. :)

haven't given up on the snow bikini.

side tracked by Lexx Season4. New Foundland was nuked last night episode, but it wasn't Lexx. the president did it. Kai gave Stanley a big ole smooch last night, too. Zev was killed by Vlad. She is in the cryo thingee, so i'm sure she'll be revived somehow.
    Lexx blew up Mars and Venus.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited January 2013

noes. fastgrabs is invaded by genesis. my w/l is all pa non-genesis items. except for the hippo.

last April C4D was on sale. if they have another one this year ... no, can't think about it. sigh

stood at the bus stop in the freezing. bus was late. 40 minutes shivering.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Complaint: I think I need a haircut. I don't like getting a haircut. A stranger has to touch me all over my head, which seems both intimate and cold at the same time. Just feels creepy.
    Probably not the average human reaction to a haircut.
    Question: I don't consider myself to be above average, below average, or average. But what else is there?

calculus?

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    OK, I found Alt Codes List. there were many others, but this seemed sufficient.

I ♥ Google! :-)

To get that heart, I held down the Alt key and pressed the 3 key on the numeric keypad.
    To get your accented e, é, hold down the Alt key and type 130 on the numeric keypad. When you release the Alt key, the character appears. But look at the chart, bookmark it, and you'll have a reference for many others at your fingertips!

Dana

kewl. thanks.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Complaint: flu most of the weekend, flu Monday, flu Tuesday. Still feeling off today but at work.

Blech, blech, blech! :sick: :sick:

Coffee time.. might help me feel less blecherous and cantankerous.. :sick:

edited January 2013

woot, i was able to write the four kanjis from last week. :) forgot the hiragana 'a' :(

gonna try for five this week. put the stroke order too iffn anyone else would like to try it. (queue Billy Squire song) tee hee

looking for the japanese pronunciation, or the keyboard alt's :?

one - ee-chee
    two - nee
    three - sahn
    four - shee

tree = ki

kanji-sun-moon-fire-water-tree-i-u-e.JPG
    1110 x 1620 - 139K
    edited December 1969

Complaint: flu most of the weekend, flu Monday, flu Tuesday. Still feeling off today but at work.

Blech, blech, blech! :sick: :sick:

Coffee time.. might help me feel less blecherous and cantankerous.. :sick:

some of the campbells chickie soup?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,439
    edited December 1969

My stomach has been upset for the last 3 days. I may try some nice chicken broth.

This discussion has been closed.