M4/V4 Elite Textures on Genesis?

edited December 1969 in New Users

I recently picked up a few elite textures during a DAZ sale. Specifically Rob and Marie for V4/M4. I just have a couple of questions about these textures:

1. How do you apply V4/M4 textures to Genesis using the UVs from V4/M4 so they actually fit well?

2. Is there a way to access these V4/M4 Textures, with Genesis selected, through the "Actors, Wardrobe & Props" panel rather than digging through folders in the "Content Library"?

I don't own V4 or M4 which is why I ask these questions, but thanks for any help you can give me.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Chris K said:
    I recently picked up a few elite textures during a DAZ sale. Specifically Rob and Marie for V4/M4. I just have a couple of questions about these textures:

1. How do you apply V4/M4 textures to Genesis using the UVs from V4/M4 so they actually fit well?

2. Is there a way to access these V4/M4 Textures, with Genesis selected, through the "Actors, Wardrobe & Props" panel rather than digging through folders in the "Content Library"?

I don't own V4 or M4 which is why I ask these questions, but thanks for any help you can give me.

Genesis is UV Mapped for V4, M4 and K4, as well as Genesis (as well as V5 and M5). When you apply an Elite texture, the UV Set is at the top of the Surfaces pane, make sure that it is set to the correct figure for the skin that you have loaded.

The Elite texture sets do not have Metadata that I know of, so they wont appear in Smart Content I'm afraid. You can use Categories to create your own content layout though, and AdamR001 has a tutorial on doing that.

Below is an image of the Amy Elite texture applied to the default Genesis, V4 is the default UV Map for Genesis, so if you use an M4 texture set, you will need to change that.

Amy_1.jpg
    455 x 766 - 147K
  • edited January 2013

Okay, I was just looking around and I'm pretty sure I found where to change the UV settings. I'll definitely need to check into those tutorials though. Thanks.

Post edited by kuieckc_848b5d66e3 on