From ZBrush, to Daz, and back, HOW???

club3000studiosclub3000studios Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Okay so I got zbrsuh and daz 4.5 pro, i want to move a model into daz so i can rig it and pose it, so here are my questions

1: how do i properly move my sculpted model with all the subtools into daz?
2: how do i properly rig it?

thanks to all who help me out of this anoying jam

Comments

• The DigiVaultThe DigiVault Posts: 438
    edited December 1969

Hi.

Try exporting your model from Zbrush as a .obj file. Daz can import .obj files no problem

I'm afraid I don't know anything about rigging but at least you'll be halfway there:)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited December 1969

Ideally you want a grouped and UV mapped OBJ (that is, an OBJ with a group for each bone you intend to use) though I think that may be tricky as ZBrush doesn't support both material zones and groups - you may want to split the groups down into material zones, or vice versa, export as OBJ, then import into DS and use the Polygon selection tool to select each of the divisions that make up a particular material (by clicking the + next to it in the Tool Settings pane) and assigning it to a new material, then do the same to assign the constituents of each group to its final group - export that as OBJ, with use existing selected for groups, and you should have a useful base. Once you have your OBJ you import it into the Figure setup pane by right-clicking in the Group panel, then drag it into the Hierarchy panel and use drag and drop to arrange the bones into the correct hierarchy. Right-click on the Rotation order column to adjust the order - you want the twist axis, usually the one that runs lengthwise down the bone, first and the one that is going to bend most last. Weld most parts to their parents by right-clicking (there will be exceptions - eyes don't usually get welded, for example). Click Create. Now you should have your basic mesh and skeleton - it's now a matter of adjusting the joint centres/endpoints with the Joint Editor tool and then using the Polygon Selection tool and Weight brush tool to get the weight-mapping right.