A Few Basic Genesis/M/V Questions

dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648
edited December 1969 in New Users

How many different-looking characters can be created using Genesis?

Can MICHAEL 3 wear genesis clothing? Or is M3 not compatible with G?

Also: can higher Michaels and Victorias wear items listed for lowers?

Any opinions on adaptability and best figures to use? And what is needed to create say... a half dozen characters?

Is a 'Base' like 'MBase' and 'Vbase' required before purchasing...for example...M4 or Victoria 4?

What is the difference between Victoria (or M) base and V4?

Comments

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

In order (and take this with a grain of salt - I am still a new user of DAZ Studio, so I may not be correct).

1) Depending on the morphs (which alter a base figure's shape) you have installed, Genesis can make a nearly infinite number of different characters. There are some very good free morphs and some great pay morphs available, though I can't remember what the free ones are called - I will try to get the links added to this thread later.

2) As far as I know, Michael 3 cannot wear clothing made for Genesis.

3) No, newer generation figures cant automatically wear items made for older figures. However, there are morphs available which let Genesis take the shape of both the M4/V4 figures and the M3/V3 figures, and then you can use older items with Genesis.

4) See answer #1 - with the right set of morphs, you can create any character you can imagine. To change skin textures you'd need an image editor like Photoshop, or use DAZ shaders (which I have no idea about, sorry).

5) A 'base' is like M4 Base of V4 Base, so yes. Genesis is also a base, and can assume V4 and M4 shapes with the appropriate morphs. From what I've seen, Victoria or Michael base usually refer to the V4/ M4 figures, since they're still very popular and V5 and M5 are still pretty new.

I hope this helps you, and that someone with more experience can correct me on what I got wrong.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

M4 or V4 base is simply the base figure, it does have a few morphs, but not many. TO make them really useful you also require M4 or V4 morphs++, as many add on character sets do use these morphs.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,881
    edited December 1969

On 3, Genesis can wear any clothing made for the fourth generation figures via AutoFit - no need to have or use the fourth generation shapes. If you have the third generation shapes for Genesis you also get AutoFit functionality for them - again, the clothing can be used on any Genesis shape. Of course the quality of the conversion, and of the auto-generated morphs to fit the Genesis morphs, will vary by item.

• dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648
    edited December 1969

Newbie thanks to everyone! :-)