Is this for real?

Comments

• lucky bugger Wayne you got the answer right thanks to science ;) hey you could do a render of her as a sexy scientist 

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    DAZ_Rawb said:

I loved all the renders, thanks for that.

But the lucky number was:

Wait for it....

I know, so predictable, but it is the one I chose, so the lucky winner was "Peter Wade", hopefully we'll see a new Bijou render soon from them.

Ya mean you didn't randomly generate it? ::baby voicel: Thaaat's not faaaair! :( :D

'Grats Pete

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited March 2017

42. It's the ultimate number!

guard.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 770K
    Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923

Congratulations Peter Wade!

42 of course! Like everyone in Central Europe Timezone who had not the chance to get her: I wish I had two heads. I could have hours of fun banging them against a wall. laugh

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,802

I would have picked that one as well but alas I'm toooo late ( yes Mike, thats us)

Congrats Peter!

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

Congratulations, Peter! :)

And now to get ready for that Vogon attack... laugh

edited March 2017

Here they come!!!  ... as a PC+Member and Bonus Buyer:

Rehashing the thread title: Is this for real?

Carrara 8.5 Pro - It includes the Victoria5 & Michael5 Pro Bundles. This is Madness!!! surprise

Edit: As Charlie Judge explained here, on top of PC+, Bonus Buyer and as an owner of a previous Carrara Version I got this jaw dropping price.

Madness.jpg
    782 x 272 - 65K
    Post edited by MN-150374 on
  • MN-150374 said:

Here they come!!!  ... as a PC+Member and Bonus Buyer:

Rehashing the thread title: Is this real?

It includes the Victoria5 & Michael5 Pro Bundles. This is Madness!!! surprise

can't remember exactly but I got this around that price too + yeah you got the bonus pro bundles too

Already owned the Generation 5 ProBundles. I would have bought it even for the 91% off for 27.30$ it is advertised at the bootom of the March Madness Page. In my opinion the software is worth it. Litterally jaw dropping as it became even cheaper in the card.  surprise

@Linwelly : I am not complaining any more. I am to busy searching Carrara Tutorials now. :-)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    Chohole said:
    SixDs said:

"And someone admitted to buying it?... "

I seem to recal that it was Will Timmins.

I remember one of the Bald Wizards actually buying this, 

I so want to know who that was so we can stirp the wizard of their title and flog them through the streets, naked.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,173

Congratulations, Peter Wade!

oh and @barbult - I really like that Elijah->G3F transfer, she does look good!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Congratulations Peter!  Render soon!!!

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Congrats Peter.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604

Thank you, DAZ_Rawb, thank you everyone. And I would like to thank Douglas Adams and all the people at BBC Radio, without their help and support I would not have known how to get this award!

Anyway, I'd better download her and make a render before the Vogons arive.

DAZ_Rawb said:

I loved all the renders, thanks for that.

But the lucky number was:

Wait for it....

I know, so predictable, but it is the one I chose, so the lucky winner was "Peter Wade", hopefully we'll see a new Bijou render soon from them.

I think we're all ready for the next game! wink

• 42... of course! Nicely done Peter laugh

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 968

Just for the record, I have watched bijou for almost a year. The cheapest I have seen that product is $179.00 on a particularly good stacking day.

Also, remember this is just another female for the genesis 2 base ... not a unique figure. My thoughts are the UV does not offer anything unusual and the body is not extraordinary in any way. The one quality that might be of interest (at least to me) is the more block / square style face that is not so common among Daz models. There is a lot of hype on the mystery and the price ... but I would not panic just because I do not have her.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,766

Just for the record, I have watched bijou for almost a year. The cheapest I have seen that product is $179.00 on a particularly good stacking day.

Also, remember this is just another female for the genesis 2 base ... not a unique figure. My thoughts are the UV does not offer anything unusual and the body is not extraordinary in any way. The one quality that might be of interest (at least to me) is the more block / square style face that is not so common among Daz models. There is a lot of hype on the mystery and the price ... but I would not panic just because I do not have her.

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised that they haven't made her some kind of more obvious promotion at this point, as G2F support has been dropping significantly and she doesn't come with Iray presets.  Personally, I've always kind of suspected that the real reason she's that price is some arcane accounting procedure that let's DAZ inflate the value of the figures for certain purposes while devaluing them for others.  Kind of like how keeping a cow or a horse on your property in Texas allows you to get you a reduced tax rate by claiming it as grazing land rather than commercial property.        

She's a nice character. No Iray but she has got a Poser companion file.

Here's a render I just put together. It could do with some more work but I think it shows her fairly well.

BijouActionGirl.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 342K
  • nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136

3141592654:  The mystery here is why some people are given this character and why others, who meet or exceed the "known" criteria for recieving her, still haven't.  Is she a birthday present?  Is she an anniversary gift?  A reward for spending X amount of dollars in the store?  Is she only made available to Platinum Club members?

What exactly does one have to do to recieve this character?

On top of that is the extreme price.  Bijou is literally the most expensive character in the store.  Why?  I've seen and recieved a number of similar quality products for free, as part of some promotion or sale, and they were never priced like this one.

I'll agree, I'm not losing sleep over not having her, but the mystery surrounding Bijou makes her much more interesting and desireable than the normal G2F characters.

Here's a render I just put together. It could do with some more work but I think it shows her fairly well.

Oh... I thought she was... you know... more peaceful... laugh

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,354
    edited March 2017
    On top of that is the extreme price.  Bijou is literally the most expensive character in the store.  Why?  I've seen and recieved a number of similar quality products for free, as part of some promotion or sale, and they were never priced like this one.

The assumption is that the price is to make sure people don't buy her in the meantime. That's also thought to be why the character, and some other DOs, appear right at the end of the product listing instead of in the place that would reflect their release date.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    Ati said:

She has her peaceful side too

BijouPeaceful.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 504K
    Ati said:

She has her peaceful side too

laugh

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,766

Um guys...
    I just pulled up DIM and discovered the unexpected arrival of a certain G2F figure whose name begins with a "B"... 

!!!

So, since there's no message about this, it could possibly mean that a.) whatever you do to get Bijou, I inadvertantly did, b.) that the Vogons hyperspace bypassed Peter and I caught Bijou on the rebound, or c) someone might be playing Santa Claus...

DL'ing her now to make a render.

Um guys...
    I just pulled up DIM and discovered the unexpected arrival of a certain G2F figure whose name begins with a "B"... 

!!!

So, since there's no message about this, it could possibly mean that a.) whatever you do to get Bijou, I inadvertantly did, b.) that the Vogons hyperspace bypassed Peter and I caught Bijou on the rebound, or c) someone might be playing Santa Claus...

DL'ing her now to make a render.

She cloned herself, and got into your account as well. Maybe she's a spy. :D

She did not appear in my DIM, though. Not that I'm complaining, just waiting for the next game. :D

• melaniemelanie Posts: 770

Wow, I guess I started a firestorm with this thread! Haha! Until yesterday when I posted this, I'd never seen Bijou or even heard of her before. This is too funny!

• SyndarylSyndaryl Posts: 521
    DAZ_Rawb said:

I'm going to pick a number between 1-100, you post your guess along with a render you have done. When I check back in tonight I'll give whomever picked closest a Bijou for their library.

66!

And a character portrait render. Extra bonus render: A minotaur in a sweater-vest, which I swear to god was a total accident. Let this be a lesson to you all: don't focus too much on individual parts of your picture, or you might miss the way you've dressed your character in a sweater-vest :P

Hloomawl_FullBodyPortrait.png
    1242 x 2000 - 3M
    Hloomawl_HalfPortrait.png
    1200 x 1376 - 3M
    melanie said:

Wow, I guess I started a firestorm with this thread! Haha! Until yesterday when I posted this, I'd never seen Bijou or even heard of her before. This is too funny!

Some people might think it's a bit unfair that you started all this and you didn't get Bijou.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,936
    melanie said:

Some people might think it's a bit unfair that you started all this and you didn't get Bijou.

it is the luck of the draw, the guy does not always get the girl and this one is a high priced one