what causes the maximum quantity error?

LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Some times i get the "The maximum quantity allowed for purchase is 1." when trying to add items to my cart. My cart will show zero items in it, but when i try to add an item it says The maximum quantity allowed for purchase is 1. and adds nothing to the cart. Some times it can take 24 to 48 hours before it will let me add items to my cart again. Is there a way around this?

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited January 2013

It is generally caused by adding an item to the shopping cart before you are logged into the store. To get around it, make certain you are logged in first, then add a DIFFERENT item to your cart, once you do that you'll see that BOTH items are in your cart... Go remove the undesired item, etc.

Post edited by adamr001 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Normally it is caused by putting an item in your cart without being fully logged in to your account.

Make sure you are logged in to your account, and then put another, different item in your cart, got to cart to edit it, and you should see that it is now showing both items, so just take the one you don't want out..

edited December 1969

Oops Snap :coolsmirk:

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383
    edited December 1969

Its a store glitch. Try adding another item to the cart and then remove it. It it still doesn't show then do a forced refresh (Ctrl+F5). If that still don't do it then just wait it will appear on its own eventually.

edited December 1969

Boy we triple posted

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited January 2013

I made sure I was logged in, it still happened. I did figure out the trick of adding something else to the cart before i read all your posts lol. that worked this time, but some times i get the error with everything i try to add to my cart, it can be super annoying

Post edited by LycanthropeX on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I made sure I was logged in, it still happened. I did figure out the trick of adding something else to the cart before i read all your posts lol. that worked this time, but some times i get the error with everything i try to add to my cart, it can be super annoying

Then, when that happens, it's time to logout, completely from everything DAZ, clear the cache, clear the DAZ cookies...then log in and try again. If that doesn't do it...call it a night and go to bed...

edited December 1969

I normally just add an item to cart. If that don't so it then I just let it go and check back in about an hour and it is normally there.

• edited December 1969

Thank you ,
    This was helpful. Got around it.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited January 2013

I've run into this problem as well, though luckily not too often, and yes usually because I hadn't logged in first.

I've also done the "add another item" trick, and it works a treat. However, I wish it didn't happen, but I don't think DAZ will ever let us stay logged into the store as we are allowed here in the forum. I know some folks find that annoying, but as annoying as it is to have to keep logging in, to me it's more secure and a way to prevent anyone else successfully logging into your account.

Post edited by Miss B on
    edited December 1969

And it's not new either. Used to happen on the old store as well. Permanent login to forum, if you didn't actually log out, but you had to keep logging in to the store. In fact on the old site people used to moan because they had to log in to add anything to their wish list.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    And it's not new either. Used to happen on the old store as well. Permanent login to forum, if you didn't actually log out, but you had to keep logging in to the store. In fact on the old site people used to moan because they had to log in to add anything to their wish list.

Yeah...it's funny going over some of the old threads moaning about store problems, in the archive...long before the new store came online (some of the same problems, too)...how quickly we forget.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    chohole said:

Yeah...it's funny going over some of the old threads moaning about store problems, in the archive...long before the new store came online (some of the same problems, too)...how quickly we forget.

If you want a laugh, look in the archived forums for threads about the first PC Anniversary.

edited December 1969

I think I figured out the 'exact' cause of the problem...and it comes down to cookies.

Basically there is a 'guest' cart and your account cart. If you are not actually logged in to the store, the item gets put in the 'guest' cart and a cookie is set. Then you log in...the cookie is supposed to be erased/transferred (or something), but it doesn't...so you end up with a cookie saying you already have that item selected and one that doesn't. So when you do add it again, it actually IS adding two of them...you just don't know/can't see the other one.

I suppose the way to fix it would be do away with the 'guest' cart, instead checking for a log in....if not, go to the log in page, before adding an item to the cart.