How to create atmospheric haze ? :-)

edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi :-)
I would like to add a haze to my renders in Daz3D Studio. You know the kind of thing envioroments start to loose there contrast over distance. I have seen at least one utility in the DAZ3D store that could achive this but I think it may use a pugin and it might not be suitable for the latest version of 4.5

http://www.daz3d.com/atmospheric-effects-cameras-for-daz-studio

Would this still work or can you recommend something that would :-)

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2013

Just a quick request. Can you post all your questions into one thread please, to make it easier for us to follow them and help you.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Hi :-)
    I would like to add a haze to my renders in Daz3D Studio. You know the kind of thing envioroments start to loose there contrast over distance. I have seen at least one utility in the DAZ3D store that could achive this but I think it may use a pugin and it might not be suitable for the latest version of 4.5

http://www.daz3d.com/atmospheric-effects-cameras-for-daz-studio

Would this still work or can you recommend something that would :-)

They'll work. They're shader based camera's, not a plugin. I haven't upgraded to the latest build yet, but I use them in DS4.5.1.6
    And there's always the 30-day return policy from Daz if you're not happy with the product.
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I don't usually recommend any product as we all have different tastes but in this case I will make an exception becase i LOVE that set. Plus you get so much more than Hazefor the money.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

There is also the built-in UberVolume (DS 4.5 Pro).

edited December 1969

Personally I wouldn't use Uber Volume for anything big like a vast scene with Haze..for two reasons 1: it takes so darn long to render and 2: you can't have a camera inside an Uber Volume primative without Daz Studio crashing. Been like that since DS3 and I believe it is still the same though I can't test it.

For a simple Haze though you could use the Shader Mixer making a new Camera with the Haze attributes added. Sorry can't take screenshots to take you through the process.

• edited December 1969

Ok guys thanks for your help I have a better idea what I have to do now. So much to learn but I do love it :-)

edited December 1969

So much to learn but I do love it :-)
    Great attitude...love it. Have fun learning becasue once you get a hang of this there is no going back mawhahahahaha.
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

The atmospheric camera set is indeed awesome and since it works with Shader Mixer it's rather future proof as well unless they break Shader Mixer.

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

loving the atmospheric camera set

Sexy-Beast.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 212K