Joint orientation

OritteropoidOritteropoid Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi everybody,

does someone know if is is possible to see joint orientation in world space?

I mean, each joint rotates on its local axes that are oriented following the natural flow of the IK/FK chain.

Is it possible to see how these joints are oriented in an absolute (world) space?

Thanks!

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited January 2013

There is a Use World Coordinates command in the Tool Settings Pane, right at the top, not usre if that is what you are after.

You can open the Tool Settings Pane by going to Window (top menu bar) > PAnes (Tabs) > Tool Settings

Post edited by Szark on
  • OritteropoidOritteropoid Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes, almost...

What I'd like to know is the actual world space orientation of the joints.

In other words, I need to know how many degrees each joint's local axes are rotated in relation at world space.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

That would be very nice, I agree. Rhino does a great job of giving orientations for geometries, so it would mesh well with that... I don't think there's any way to get that figure in the Joint editor tool atm... :(

• OritteropoidOritteropoid Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

What a shame...

Thanks anyway for the answers!

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Just so you know, I could be wrong! There may be a way to do it, I just can't find it.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited December 1969

You should be able to get the world space values with a script, though as I recall from a thread in the Developer Discussions forum on forumarchive.daz3d.com it takes some fiddling to achieve.