where is the magic button?

I know Ctrl D places things at the floor of the viewport in Daz Studio but what do I press to get things to go to the center of the viewport?

I have several props that do not load in the center. I found the Hexagon list of keyboard shortcuts, but I can't find the list for Daz Studio.

here is the hexagon list, http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/hexagon/2/referenceguide/keyboard_shortcuts/start

I need the Daz Studio list. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• ToborTobor Posts: 2,300

Not sure if there's a magic button for it or not, but basically you want to set the translation of the main object to 0s. It takes just a few seconds to change the values in the Parameters pane.

But even this doesn't always work, depending on how well (or poorly) the asset was created. You'll always encounter the odd pose here and there that sets the hip translation to some unfathomable place. The object itself is at 0,0,0, but the hip is somewhere beyond Neptune. Correcting for this often wrecks the pose, requiring you to remake it. Or just use another pose. Hopefully, though, your static objects and props won't use this "trick."

• that page is messy, i dont understand it

I just started mashing all the buttons and I think I may have found the answer to my question. Ctrl E seems to be doing the trick.

Is there not a Daz Studio list of keyboard shortcuts in the docs that look clean like the Hexagon list?

• On the page Chohole linked download the script - click its name at the top of the grey box with the code - then start Ds and either find the downloaded script in the content pane and double-click it, or launch it with File>>Merge, or simply drag it from a file browser into the DS viewport. That will give you a list of shortcuts.

However, there isn't a universal centre command - if the item was modelled in the centre and move off then zeroing it will work, which is what you are doing. If not you would need to use the Align pane - for example, create a new Null from the Create menu, which should load at the origin, then select first the thing you want to centre and then the null; in the Align pane choose Align Centres for the x and z axes, then click the Apply button.

• On the page Chohole linked download the script - click its name at the top of the grey box with the code - then start Ds and either find the downloaded script in the content pane and double-click it, or launch it with File>>Merge, or simply drag it from a file browser into the DS viewport. That will give you a list of shortcuts.

However, there isn't a universal centre command - if the item was modelled in the centre and move off then zeroing it will work, which is what you are doing. If not you would need to use the Align pane - for example, create a new Null from the Create menu, which should load at the origin, then select first the thing you want to centre and then the null; in the Align pane choose Align Centres for the x and z axes, then click the Apply button.

Wow thanks,just learned a new trick. I always wondered what the align pane was for.