Carrara in Daz Pantheon - Studio Bryce Hexagon

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079
edited May 2017 in Carrara Discussion

Some of you have noticed my name change.  Darth Villainous could refer to my foray in to learning Daz Studio.  I have a thread to that effect in the Art Studio forum.  On the other hand, Darth Villainous could refer to the potential for me to return to the world of lawyers and lawyering.  I mentioned that in my posting screenshots thread.  In either case, the dark side is calling me.  But neither will affect my love of Carrara.  Even if I also begin some projects with Studio as the base, that won't displace where my Carrrara heart is, which includes Brash and Moxie adventuring along the galactc frontier, and the ever changing Carrara monthly challenge themes.

I expect I will change my forum name back to Diomede when I begin teaching again, if not before.  That is Fall 2017.  There is still good in me.  devil  I think there is, anyway.  BTW, I looked in to renting a room in a shared house in Cork for the summer.  But the world is bigger than that.   If you know of a spot in some random place in the world that needs a border until August 2017, send me a PM.  laugh

Post edited by Diomede on

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224

No matter where you path eventually leads you... you know you always have a Loving family here, my fiend friend!

If you ever make your way into Wisconsin, give a holler. evilproducer and/or I will set something up! ;)

If you should happen to seek a vocational opportunity here, our state is known for its low pay scale but it has its perks as well. The area where I live has many nice houses for quite reasonable prices these days - half that just a few short years ago.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079
    edited February 2017

Thanks for the encouragement, Dart.  I am in a good place right now, personally.  If/when I move from DC, the most likely destinations are Florida, Texas, Arizona, and Nevada.  Not for any good reason, just because they are the places where people who leave DC often go.  But if I want to be in a place known for its low pay scale, I will keep Wisconsin high on my list.  wink​  All in good spirits.  Genuine thanks for the encouragement.  I do know that my life two years from now will have little in common with my life 2 months ago.  And while I am characterizing lawyering as the dark side, I do know that it is a service that is essential when people actually need it.

edited February 2017

Warm eh? You want to be some place warm! I got it! ILM in in California, aren't they? Give them a call!!! ;)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Kai used to say something like,  In the Light Universe, I have been darkness. Perhaps in the Dark Zone I can be light.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Gosh, Lexx. That goes back a bit!

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191

" ... the most likely destinations are Florida, Texas, Arizona, and Nevada."   Here's Lyle Lovett explaining Texas:

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Gosh, Lexx. That goes back a bit!

kai falls alot  lol

Nice one, Steve.  That reminds me.  Too many of my exes live in Texas, LOL.  Maybe I should move to Tennessee.

Nice one, Steve.  That reminds me.  Too many of my exes live in Texas, LOL.  Maybe I should move to Tennessee.

Yes, that might be a good move in that case.  As long as you're not Bud Adams who did that and took the Houston Oilers with him.  Yes, its been many years, but people here still remember "Luv Ya Blue":  Bum Phillips, Earl Campbell, etc.  Yes, we have the Texans ... anybody got a quarterback for sale?

I remember the Oilers very well.  I was living in Austin during the Oiler's last season in Houston.  A friend and I drove to the Astrodome for the game against the Chiefs (early that season if I remember correctly).  Almost no one was there, except for Chiefs fans. We also drove to Houston for a baseball game.  Distance has a much different feel in Texas.

Now I am off to Florida to root, root, root, for that Washington baseball club.  Love spring training.  Every team still has hope.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,818

well I did another username change yesterday most will have missed

I went from the3Ddigit to th3Digit

cheeky

its the abbreviated streamlined almost 1337 version 

Diomede said:

Every team still has hope.

Yup, even the Astros.  We've even got Carlos Beltran.  Again.  He was here for part of the 2004 season, hit 8 home runs in the post season, tying a B. Bonds record. OK, he's a little older now frown, but he batted .295 last year.  And we're now in the American League surprise, so it oughta be a piece of cake.  

th3Digit said:

cheeky

I'll always know you as Wendyheartheartheart​s Cats!

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    th3Digit said:

cheeky

I noticed but was not logged in as I was on my nieces phone just checking in on the challenge.

One of these days I know her name will go back to having Cats in it.

Steve K, one of the reasons I mentioned baseball in this thread was that my beloved (sort of) Nats and the Astros will be sharing the same Spring Training facility.  I will be checking it out later this week, after chilling with some brews by the channel and avoiding gators on the golf course.  Odds are high that I will see an Astros game before heading back north.

Wendy - changed my name back. I fooled no one, well, I may have fooled UB, but in a bad way.  What is the secret?

PS - have watched about 5 innings of spring training baseball and have seen three batters hit.  Really need pitchers to be sharp!  #hitby90+mphsucks

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802
    th3Digit said:

cheeky

cool I spotted it in the Commons where we bombed out on that prize.... you battleaxe you wink

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802
    edited March 2017
    Diomede said:

Now I am off to Florida to root, root, root, for that Washington baseball club.  Love spring training.  Every team still has hope.

I know what this means if you're in Australia... somehow I don't think it's the same over there devil

and in other sporting news

India

vs

Australia

Stumps

189/10 (71.2) 1st Innings 237/6 (106)
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    Diomede said:

Some of you have noticed my name change.  Darth Villainous could refer to my foray in to learning Daz Studio.  I have a thread to that effect in the Art Studio forum.  On the other hand, Darth Villainous could refer to the potential for me to return to the world of lawyers and lawyering.  I mentioned that in my posting screenshots thread.  In either case, the dark side is calling me.  But neither will affect my love of Carrara.  Even if I also begin some projects with Studio as the base, that won't displace where my Carrrara heart is, which includes Brash and Moxie adventuring along the galactc frontier, and the ever changing Carrara monthly challenge themes.

I expect I will change my forum name back to Diomede when I begin teaching again, if not before.  That is Fall 2017.  There is still good in me.  devil  I think there is, anyway.  BTW, I looked in to renting a room in a shared house in Cork for the summer.  But the world is bigger than that.   If you know of a spot in some random place in the world that needs a border until August 2017, send me a PM.  laugh

Good in you; there still is!

th3Digit said:

cheeky

I'll always know you as Wendyheartheartheart​s Cats!

OK put in Sigline heart

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

One can love more than one thing at a time.....

Lawyer huh?  What kind of lawyer?  I'm just being nosy you don't have to answer that one if you don't want to lol.

edited March 2017

I used to work at a regulatory agency on rule making, so the best description is administrative law.  The subject matter was the financial services industry.  Talk about the dark side!  Involved in regulations for the biggest banks and the securities Industry.

but for the past decade I have been answering questions and doing research for any Members of Congress and their committee and staffs - nonpartisan. Worked in the Library of Congress.  Most of the time my topic was financial services, but you know you have to cover for people who go on vacation.  Had to do research on why the bees were dying out, as if I know anything about living, breathing, beings!  I'm an economist and a lawyer, lol.

Had a longer rant on what I did for Congress and why I am leaving, but hard to do without a lot of politics thrown in, even though I am truly nonpartisan.  The mods would have to delete it.  But on the Library of Congress, can't say enough good things about it.  My favorites are the donated joke files and scripts by famous comedians like Groucho Marx, Bob Hope, and Danny Kaye.  "No one party can fool all the people all the time.  That is why we have two parties."  Bob Hope.  There is a Bob Hope exhibit tucked away in the back 1st floor corner of the Jefferson Building.  Highly recommended for people visiting D.C. 

Rashad, thanks for the vote of confidence!

edited March 2017

More babbling about the Library of Congress while I wait for the complimentary hotel breakfast to get set up.  They opened a research room dedicated to the visual performing arts.  It is named for Danny Kaye.  I haven't had a chance to visit it yet.  Will have to take some time and see if it includes any 3D material, but it may be more focused on dance, etc., to the exclusion of film.

I hope all goes well with your new Career, yes

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    th3Digit said:

I hope all goes well with your new Career, yes

Ditto to hoping you the best in your new career path.

nice to see the sig Block on you again Wendy.+

Thanks, Wendy and Chickenman, and everyone else. I am lucky that I have choices. yes

steve, I took some pics at the Astros vs Red Sox spring training game yesterday.  Astros could win it all!  

Stezza, I don't understand the cricket scoring system.   Fortunately, a match takes long enough for someone to explain it to me.  yes

Silly trivia, baseball came to the US from the U.K.  Interesting to me that baseball as taught to Americans has essentially died out where it was brought from, but has flourished in Latin America and parts of East Asia.

edited March 2017
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited March 2017

'Mills gave a speech declaring that baseball was American, which he said was determined through "patriotism and research"' ie, they asked a crowd of 300 Americans (50000 after re-counts), is baseball American? No one was surprised at the result.

Rounders of course is a game almost exclusively played by girls. wink

Post edited by TangoAlpha on
    Diomede said:

steve, I took some pics at the Astros vs Red Sox spring training game yesterday.  Astros could win it all!  

This prognosticator has the Astros first in the AL for offense, second only to the Cubs overall MLB.  But as I recall, they have to let the other team bat also, so ...

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/03/mlb-offenses-ranked-30-tams-best-worst-lineup-astros-cubs-dodgers-mlb

TangoAlpha, by saying it is played by girls, you mean it is rough and tough, right?  Do watch the whole video. heart