Using Victoria 4 in Studio 4.5?

Eric LagelEric Lagel Posts: 65
edited December 1969 in New Users

I am getting used to the program a little bit more, but the problem with installations is as acute as ever.

In order to benefit from the huge range of characters meant to work on Victoria 4, I have purchased and installed Victoria 4.2 starter pack, including Morphs ++ 4.2... but it doesn't work as expected.

First, I can't find Victoria 4 in the Smart Content Pane. Is this normal or should I reinstall?

So, I only can find her in the Content Library through a search. The file that I find ends in .cr2, and has a little script icon on it. If I double-click on it, I have a Powerloader window appearing, asking to confirm some settings, including importing the base morphs. When I accept, I have Victoria 4.2 in my scene. But from there, I don't have all the Morphs ++ 4.2 that I should have.

Anyway to find a solution to this?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

V4 will be found in Poser formats, not smart content afaik

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

On the Powerloader screen is Morphs++ checked?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,439
    edited January 2013

V4 won't show up in the smart content. It is located in content library/Poser Format Format/My Library/Figure/DAZ People. I am unsure what the problem is with the Morphs ++

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • Eric LagelEric Lagel Posts: 65
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the tips. Yea, I could find her in my content library, but I am looking for ways for her to appear in the Smart Content...

On the Powerloader, there is no Morphs ++ checkbox. I will try to uninstall and reinstall. That may be the problem.

edited December 1969

Reinstalling did the trick it seems. yay. It finally works. Thanks for help!

• DurirDurir Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If it helps eric.lagel I have the same problem. Victoria 3 and 5 show up in the smart content panel but not Victoria 4. From the little that I have learned in the week or so of using DAZ, is that it is faster in the end to work with the content library. There is some really useful help on here (if you search for it. If not, I can give you a link to it if you like) is sorting out where everything is in the content library. You will also find as time goes on, that not everything will show up in the smart content panel. That is because not everything has a metadata file that needs it to work in there.

Sorry that I can not be of more help to you.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited January 2013

There is a Metadata file here for V4 by zig graphics who is a forum member here.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/60197/related/9/Plug-in/Metadata-for-Victoria-4.2-Base

There are quite a few others as well.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the testimony. I'd be curious to know if some of the power users do use the contents library also to use Victoria 4, or if there is a better way.

• dan.shivedan.shive Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You can make things show up in smart content by categorizing them. You can also make compatible clothing and such appear for relevant selected figures by using the Content DB Editor. The documentation I linked to as a whole is a bit excessive given that you're presumably not making an item from scratch, but the links should direct you to the relevant areas.

Sometimes categorizing isn't enough to make them show up under Smart Content at all. For example, I noticed that Aiko 4 wasn't showing up for me in spite of putting her in a category I'd made for DAZ characters. For the sake of this reply, I decided to fix that. Using the Content DB Editor, I changed her type from "Daz Script" to "Actor". Now she shows up.

As for clothing, that's about setting compatibility, which the link for the Content DB editor I provided goes into. Just make V4 clothing compatible with Generation4/Victoria 4. Since you're going to want to categorize them anyway, I recommend doing that first. That way, you can set the compatibility for multiple products at once.

edited December 1969

"Using the Content DB Editor, I changed her type from “Daz Script” to “Actor”. Now she shows up" I think that's the trick. Thanks for that!