No file sizes on 'My Downloadable Products' page

siftspam-3dsiftspam-3d Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Is there a way to display individual file sizes on the 'My Downloadable Products' page? The old store site used to do this, but it appears the new one does not. File size info. is helpful for determining per-file download times when I'm traveling and my 3G internet connection may be sporadic.

If this isn't possible now, what is the best way to file a "Feature Request'?

Thanks!

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,762
    edited December 1969

It has been reported so no need to do a separate one.

• siftspam-3dsiftspam-3d Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That's good news. :-)
    Thanks for the prompt reply!

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

I'm waiting on the feature too. I'm on dialup and most files now days are impossible on dialup, so I can't download (or buy) anything until they get those listed again :(

• sjfryer_a638239a69sjfryer_a638239a69 Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    I'm waiting on the feature too. I'm on dialup and most files now days are impossible on dialup, so I can't download (or buy) anything until they get those listed again :(

Me too! I'm also on dial-up and won't buy anything without file size info.

I did try the "Fantasy Camp II" freebie. It doesn't give my download manager the size info either (the old site did). After 19MB I lost my connection and had to restart, but the file can't be resumed it starts from 0 again (the old site would resume the download). And then I had used up my 4 downloads, and there seems to be no way to request a reset (which you could do easily with the old site).

So that's four functions missing from the new site, so I think I have to say that practically, from my perspective, the site is non-functional.

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Wyvern said:
    atryeu said:

Me too! I'm also on dial-up and won't buy anything without file size info.

I did try the "Fantasy Camp II" freebie. It doesn't give my download manager the size info either (the old site did). After 19MB I lost my connection and had to restart, but the file can't be resumed it starts from 0 again (the old site would resume the download). And then I had used up my 4 downloads, and there seems to be no way to request a reset (which you could do easily with the old site).

So that's four functions missing from the new site, so I think I have to say that practically, from my perspective, the site is non-functional.

Resetting your downloads is instant now, rather than a request. Just go into your account, find the product you want in your itemized order history (products are in alphabetical order), and press the reset link.

edited December 1969

Wyvern, I was told the Fantasy Camp II freebie was over 100MB, so be careful if you are on dialup. Mine has an 8hr automatic disconnection and at my speed I can't download over 65-70mb without hitting that 8hr mark :( I don't recall the exact size of the freebie, I just remember it was over 100mb :(

edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    Wyvern, I was told the Fantasy Camp II freebie was over 100MB, so be careful if you are on dialup. Mine has an 8hr automatic disconnection and at my speed I can't download over 65-70mb without hitting that 8hr mark :( I don't recall the exact size of the freebie, I just remember it was over 100mb :(

Thanks. Actually I did manage to download it and it's 112MB. Took about 6 hrs. :gulp: I don't have a limit on how long I can stay online, but I get random disconnects sometimes, which is probably worse :(

I've given up trying to download anything bigger tahn about 5MB for ShareCG because THEY cut off around there for some reason.

edited December 1969

Aww, no fair! My dialup has the 8hr session limits and to top it off they set a 250hr/month limit on their service :( And wow, only 6hrs? *wonders what your download speed is* Mine's a whopping 2.5k/sec average :( I used to get disconnected randomly but not so much anymore. The service generally is pretty stable, but I can't say the same for their accelerator program or email service :( I have the same problem with ShareCG so I don't even bother visiting there anymore :( Same for a lot of other sites too.

Glad you got the file downloaded okay :) It's nice to see some of us dialup users are having some luck at least LoL

edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    Aww, no fair! My dialup has the 8hr session limits and to top it off they set a 250hr/month limit on their service :( And wow, only 6hrs? *wonders what your download speed is* Mine's a whopping 2.5k/sec average :( I used to get disconnected randomly but not so much anymore. The service generally is pretty stable, but I can't say the same for their accelerator program or email service :( I have the same problem with ShareCG so I don't even bother visiting there anymore :( Same for a lot of other sites too.

Glad you got the file downloaded okay :) It's nice to see some of us dialup users are having some luck at least LoL

Download speed is usually around 5+ KB/sec. Too bad DAZ stopped doing the "burn to CD" for large files / orders. It,s very annoying when they offer a free package that's 600MB.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,762
    edited December 1969

What pack was that. ^00MB seems a bit heavy. Most big packs are around 100mb-200mb

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,096
    edited December 1969

atryeu said:

You might want to give newsguy a try. You still get disconnected after 8 hours (between 479.7 and 480.5 minutes) but they do NOT have a monthly limit on total connect time. They charge $12.95 per month or $99.95 per year.

This link is the list of local access numbers for Indiana; plug in your state to get the local numbers.

Who knows - you might even get a better connect speed. (Internet access is under the "More Newsguy Services" drop down on the home page.

Not affiliated with them - just a happy user of 9 years or more.

edited December 1969

namffuak: Thanks, I have looked into them before and gave it a try but the service won't work for me :( There are several ISPs that just won't work where I live. The connection speed is about 14-16k depending on the service. I don't know why though... It's impossible for me to get better than a 24k connection though. The town's phone lines are ancient, they won't upgrade, and they only support up to a 24k connection :( I have the 56k modem, just can't make use of it due to the phone lines here. Thanks though :)

The whole monthly limits thing started very suddenly. I've been going through this company for 9-10 years as well without any problems, and suddenly 3 or 4yrs ago I get a letter stating I've been going over the monthly time limits on their unlimited service we'd been paying for all these years. Their response was that "unlimited" is actually whatever they want it to be and they failed to notify their customers about the sudden change. I reported it to the BBB but they obviously didn't do anything. The only reason I'm with this dumb company still is I have absolutely no other options where I live :( Satellite may not even be possible because of the amount of tall trees blocking the view of the sky to the south. They charge a huge fortune for the service though so we can't just "try and see" :(

I appreciate the suggestion though, it was nice of you to offer the information :)