Second Annual Kit Bashing Contest WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Comments

• SGCBearcubSGCBearcub Posts: 243
    edited December 1969

A big thank-you to Marieah and all the sponsors and congratulations to all the winners. I had never used shaders before and this contest spurred me to learn.

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

A big thank-you to Marieah and all the sponsors and congratulations to all the winners. I had never used shaders before and this contest spurred me to learn.

Well, that was the point... to help everyone stretch their ideas of the possible a bit, and try something new. :)

I was delighted that this contest ran again this year, and I was happy to help with the judging.... until I saw all the gorgeous renders! This was a very hard contest to judge. There were many, many excellent entries. Reading this thread has been a real treat. Thank you, everyone!

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

That's unexpected! I am thrilled about Lizabet and Dutchman ... especially since I've been feeling unmotivated for a few months now and overly critical of what I do.

Lizabet was ever so much fun (I restyled her hair like a dozen times), though the Dutchman was a pain because of the angle. I wanted something kinda ... dizzying, because he was hovering in the air, but then he was legless!

Thanks to Marieah, the sponsors, and the judges and congratulations to all who placed.

Marieah said:
    I'm thrilled to announce the winners of this year's Kitbashing Contest. Thank you to everyone who took part. It was a great fun contest and the quality of the renders most impressive. After much deliberation and debate, the judges have given me the following winners:

CLOTHING
    3rd Prize – any one Daz Original Bundle
    Satira Capporicio, Lizabet & the Plum Puddings/Flying Dutchman

• edited December 1969

Congratulations to everyone and Thank you I'm so happy there were so many great entries but I'm extremely happy I placed.

edited December 1969

I would also like to announce a spontaneous prize category:

Special recognition for Shader Mixer Use

In addition to anything from my current catalog, also includes a free copy of my upcoming Shader Mixer Tutorial DS 4.5 Pro

gilikshe
    The Girl with Cloud-Of-Feathers Dress - Cool feather effect!
    (Also recognizing cleverness in Temple 4 - figures textured as wall sconces)

Please contact me separately via PM to receive your prize. :)

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    edited December 1969

Woot! It's totally awesome that I actually won something! But in consideration of the fact that I'd barely used shaders before and now use them in practically everything I do, I'd say the experience and knowledge gained is worth even more.

And, for what it's worth, just in the days since the contest I've picked up Mach Pack, Furify, Leatherize, the Totally Bazaar Bundle, DayJob Shaders and Pattern Magic 1, so as a promo for shaders, the contest totally worked with me.

(So... when's that DS 4.5 Shader Mixer Tutorial coming out again?)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,141
    edited December 1969

Hearty congratulations to all the winners, and WOW thanks for picking one of mine as a winner too!
    Thanks to all the generous sponsors, the judges and especially to Marieah for running this fun jamboree.
    PS: I've PM'd you, Marieah, about a little prize confusion of mine - hope you can help me there :)

edited December 1969

Woot! It's totally awesome that I actually won something! But in consideration of the fact that I'd barely used shaders before and now use them in practically everything I do, I'd say the experience and knowledge gained is worth even more.

And, for what it's worth, just in the days since the contest I've picked up Mach Pack, Furify, Leatherize, the Totally Bazaar Bundle, DayJob Shaders and Pattern Magic 1, so as a promo for shaders, the contest totally worked with me.

(So... when's that DS 4.5 Shader Mixer Tutorial coming out again?)

Probably not in March, but hopefully in April. :) (What--no quilts & calicoes? ;) )

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners! Note for "my" winners (also sent in PM) - I have a new product coming up that you might want as your prize from me, so if you email me I can show you what it is :)

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

I would like to see what it is.

• MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

Just to let everyone know, I'm waiting until the end of the week to submit all the prize choices to Daz in one single email so they can add the choices to your Daz accounts. I won't dribble the choices to them because, believe me, that would be a disaster. They are busy enough at Daz without my making a single job into 20 jobs.

So here's hoping Canary's new item is out by then. Otherwise, I can remove Canary winners from my list and she can privately supply you with the new product.

I don't feel it would be quite fair to hold up everyone's prizes in anticipation....

edited December 1969

That's great Marieah, thank you very much

edited December 1969

I agree, Marieah! And it'll be a couple of weeks before my product is up, so I'll send pics to "my" 2 winners tonight and they can decide if they want to wait - if they do, I'll take care of getting it added to their accounts, if not, they can send their choices to you and be part of your big list. I'll email you and let you know how it all shakes out. :)

edited December 1969

Thanks for the info about the deadline for prize picks - I'll spend a little longer choosing now...
    I'd be interested in seeing Canary3D's new product pics too, please.
    (And thanks for the PM Marieah - I read your original results post after midnight my time, so maybe my brain wasn't fully in gear! Like I said in the PM, "WOW what a generous prize"!)

edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    Thanks for the info about the deadline for prize picks - I'll spend a little longer choosing now...
    (And thanks for the PM Marieah - I read your original results post after midnight my time, so maybe my brain wasn't fully in gear! Like I said in the PM, "WOW what a generous prize"!)

The clothing kitbash prize was so substantial we really wanted to encourage people to have a go at the prop kitbash as well, so piled some PA products into it.

Canary, that sounds good to me.

edited December 1969

MelanieL said:

I PM'd you with my email - if you send me your email I'll send you WIPs. Congratulations on your win!

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

WOW I totally missed this.
    Thank you.

Congratulations to everyone.

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

Yes, Canary3d I do wish to see also what your new product is before having Marieah send my choice. I have pm'd my email to you.

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited December 1969

zigraphix said:
    I would also like to announce a spontaneous prize category:

Special recognition for Shader Mixer Use

In addition to anything from my current catalog, also includes a free copy of my upcoming Shader Mixer Tutorial DS 4.5 Pro

gilikshe
    The Girl with Cloud-Of-Feathers Dress - Cool feather effect!
    (Also recognizing cleverness in Temple 4 - figures textured as wall sconces)

Please contact me separately via PM to receive your prize. :)

Thanks zigraphix!! I send you a PM

edited December 1969

Marieah I have chosen to accept Canary3d's new item instead of the choice that I had previously indicated to you.
    Canary3d, I have sent you a reply to your email indicating my preference of your new product item. Thank you for making this choice available to us!

edited December 1969

Same here it looks really great.

edited December 1969

Thanks for letting me know.

edited December 1969

If anyone wants to do this, please email me at the address in the announcement thread so I have a proper record of what's what when I put the list together for Daz.

• DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 491
    edited December 1969

I'd like to say thank you for having this contest and liking my image. I enjoyed creating it and getting to learn shaders better. Thanks to all the judges for taking the time to look over all these great pictures and voting.

edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    If anyone wants to do this, please email me at the address in the announcement thread so I have a proper record of what's what when I put the list together for Daz.

I just sent you the email.

edited December 1969

I'll be sending the prize choices to Daz in the next day or so, so anyone who hasn't submitted should do so now.

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited March 2013

Marieah said:
    I'll be sending the prize choices to Daz in the next day or so, so anyone who hasn't submitted should do so now.

Marieah I send you an email, while I suppose in my case it isn't necessary (My prize haven't selection) anyway I send it.
    zigraphix, I send you a PM too, with choice.

Thanks you again for contest and in most general way for her/his entire products/tutorials, source of fun/joy and usefulness.

Post edited by [email protected] on
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:

Hope you got my e-mail (sent two days ago). Thanks once again for all this.
  • edited December 1969

I hope you recieved my email as well I sent it a few days ago.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    edited December 1969

Ditto on the confirming that I sent an e-mail a few days ago. And thinking on it, if there are tardies, it might be helpful to post a list of who you HAVEN'T received emails from yet, just in case there are those who've sent but somehow had their e-mails lost in the net.

And man, I didn't win anything in Canary's contest, but now I'm really curious as to what this new product is as well.