HU - Bryce Pro and Hexagon are no longer free - also they work on W8

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited March 2013 in The Commons

It's not expensive either but the point is, it's no longer free.

http://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models-and-content/bryce-7-pro

D/S4.5 still is, buy it fast whether or not you wish to download/install it just so you'll have it when/if you do!

edit: Same goes for Hexagon, no longer free.

http://www.daz3d.com/software/hexagon

Post edited by patience55 on

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I guess that goes to show...the only 'limited time' program that lasts forever is a government one...

Wasn't only supposed to be free for a month?

And that was a year or so ago...

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited January 2013

Oh they extended the free offer several times, which was wonderful for many people.
    The prices though are certainly not prohibitive for most customers however D/S is a little steeper so they might want to 'buy for free' that one while they still can if they haven't yet.

Post edited by patience55 on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Oh they extended the free offer several times, which was wonderful for many people.
    The prices though are certainly not prohibitive for most customers however D/S is a little steeper so they might want to 'buy for free' that one while they still can if they haven't yet.

Yep...now I'm waiting for the screaming, wailing and gnashing of teeth to begin...

edited December 1969

I actually heard and saw a dog 'gnashing its teeth' once. Uttered the most horrendous sounds. As it was my dog I rushed into the room expecting to find it being torn limb from limb by the other dog [also one of mine]. But no. The other dog had taken its bone and there was thing one it could do about it. So it stood there watching and "gnashing its teeth". I solved the problem quickly but geez, what a noise.

• WahilWahil Posts: 307
    edited December 1969

Normally when System Requirements are listed, it's the minimum required.

But I noticed for Bryce, it shows Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000 (SP2+)
    while Hexagon only lists XP, 2000 (SP2+)

Has anyone tried Hexagon on anything newer than XP?

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I've used hex on my windows 7 computer. Worked as expected.

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    edited December 1969

Hexagon is working fine on my 64 bit Windows 8 system.

• WahilWahil Posts: 307
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the answers.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,477
    edited December 1969

Just chiming in with the chorus, Hexagon works just fine, Win7 64bit, so does Bryce 7 pro.

• TLTJadeTLTJade Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

Zylox said:

Ah, thanks for this!

Maybe someone with some forum powers could consider posting a sticky saying "hey guys, all current Daz software works with Windows 8" sometime in the near future? As most newer windows-based systems are preloaded with this horrific abomination of an OS, it'd save a lot of time answering the question (I had to do quite a lot of searching to find the answer for Hex, specifically, and some might not think to read through a thread if it's not mentioned in the title).

edited December 1969

TLTJade said:
    Zylox said:

Ah, thanks for this!

Maybe someone with some forum powers could consider posting a sticky saying "hey guys, all current Daz software works with Windows 8" sometime in the near future? As most newer windows-based systems are preloaded with this horrific abomination of an OS, it'd save a lot of time answering the question (I had to do quite a lot of searching to find the answer for Hex, specifically, and some might not think to read through a thread if it's not mentioned in the title).

Good idea. I'll edit the title.

• TLTJadeTLTJade Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

TLTJade said:
    Zylox said:

Ah, thanks for this!

Good idea. I'll edit the title.

Huzzah! You're awesome! :)