Heros Stand [Commercial]

Comments

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

this looks interesting and fun

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

For anybody still wondering "Why a stand instead of a bigger (and therefor more versatile) backdrop?" here are links to some renders where I used stands as stands. Only the first two are AntFarm's, but they all pretty much get the point across.

Tails Entwined

Detail, Thoroughly Modern Mage

Four Arms = Bigger Hugs

Minotaur -- NOT Before Coffee!

IronBear and Pony-Hulk -- Defiant

Whoops, one more! Posting it here since I never put it up on deviantART . . . gee, I wonder why not? :-P
    PCI20120505x-03a-g02.png
    533 x 800 - 484K
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,758
    edited December 1969

Just caught this thread (been at CES and a bit distracted) and I really love this idea. Personally I like the idea of keeping these things simple, along the lines of the old Aurora plastic model kits... especially if it keeps the price down. That said, I think you could solve a lot of the demands for something more elaborate by including a simple background in the form of either a stand-alone planar or a texture for the Daz cyc. For this particular scene, for example, including a repeating pattern of the same brickwork to be used above or to the side would let those who want to do a wider, fuller scene have that without getting too involved.

With that said, however, as a fan of the old Aurora Horror and Prehistoric Scenes kits, what I'd really love to see would be a series of interconnecting pieces that could be placed side by side to form larger bases. For this particular piece, for example, I can see a number of other stands building on the same textures. IE: adding a sideways block of rows of windows and wall above this set-piece gives a place for certain spider and Bat based heroes to scale and windows for plucky but unlucky female reporters to plummet past. Above that would be stand 3: the classic ledge with gargoyle for the dark and moody hero or lethal female vampire to slink against, and then above that would be stand 4: the building top and spire for flying heroes to fly past on their way to rescue the afore-mentioned plummeting reporter, as well as the perfect place for the DAZ Gorilla to swat off a squadron of DAZ biplanes. Stick them together (and repeat stand 2 as often as necessary for height) and you have a great combined environment for a larger team of heroes to be posed as a group, but for the solo shots you could be as minimalist as you wish.

• maraichmaraich Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

Just caught this thread (been at CES and a bit distracted) and I really love this idea. Personally I like the idea of keeping these things simple, along the lines of the old Aurora plastic model kits... especially if it keeps the price down. That said, I think you could solve a lot of the demands for something more elaborate by including a simple background in the form of either a stand-alone planar or a texture for the Daz cyc. For this particular scene, for example, including a repeating pattern of the same brickwork to be used above or to the side would let those who want to do a wider, fuller scene have that without getting too involved.

With that said, however, as a fan of the old Aurora Horror and Prehistoric Scenes kits, what I'd really love to see would be a series of interconnecting pieces that could be placed side by side to form larger bases. For this particular piece, for example, I can see a number of other stands building on the same textures. IE: adding a sideways block of rows of windows and wall above this set-piece gives a place for certain spider and Bat based heroes to scale and windows for plucky but unlucky female reporters to plummet past. Above that would be stand 3: the classic ledge with gargoyle for the dark and moody hero or lethal female vampire to slink against, and then above that would be stand 4: the building top and spire for flying heroes to fly past on their way to rescue the afore-mentioned plummeting reporter, as well as the perfect place for the DAZ Gorilla to swat off a squadron of DAZ biplanes. Stick them together (and repeat stand 2 as often as necessary for height) and you have a great combined environment for a larger team of heroes to be posed as a group, but for the solo shots you could be as minimalist as you wish.

Oh, I like your ideas! Man, I used to put together those prehistoric kits also. Loved 'em!

• AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024
    edited December 1969

Neat Idea. I love those models too. The Never Was series is like that tiles that all line up. The next one I want to do is a square of pavement with props that will spin around the figure in a power whirl wind. I can make it as deep as the current stand/Set and the same height that way the ground plain could do double duty. Place a single wall in the set, a brick one that could be loaded to your choice of sides. It could also double as your second story wall.

edited December 1969

Neat Idea. I love those models too. The Never Was series is like that tiles that all line up. The next one I want to do is a square of pavement with props that will spin around the figure in a power whirl wind. I can make it as deep as the current stand/Set and the same height that way the ground plain could do double duty. Place a single wall in the set, a brick one that could be loaded to your choice of sides. It could also double as your second story wall.

That sounds awesome! And if I might suggest, if you make an open manhole cover in the ground plane somewhere... or as a third stand base... it leaves things nicely open for a sewer entry for sludge monsters or some recent Xmas freebies by Joe Quick to crawl out of.

• Laticis ImageryLaticis Imagery Posts: 439
    edited December 1969

Great....SOLD

The addition of the side walls are perfect.

This really opens the door to a whole bunch of mini scenes, awesome work.

WINDOW Scene with Fire Escape and Side Walls.
    CAVE with Rock Ledge and Crystals.
    ROOF Scene with Sun Windows....you always see heroes fall through those things.
    WALL SAFE need one for the criminals too.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Considering how it went from one stand to two extra walls, you must have put those extra textures together pretty fast. What I wouldn't do to pry those secrets from you! I can model just fine, but texturing will forever be the realm of greater men than I.

It was looking good from the start, but thanks to feature creep, it's now looking more like a mini set! It can't be easy meeting the demands of the consumer while staying true to your original goal. I'll be looking forward to its release.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

This looks really cool. I'm always willing to grab things that can be used for superhero renders.

edited January 2013

So this set bumps up tight to the other if you want and gives more width. The back wall is movable removable. and there are a bunch of props that can be mixed and match with other sets or whatever. There's not a sewer but enough of a whole to make it believable.

6.jpg
    1182 x 847 - 933K
    6A.jpg
    1182 x 847 - 903K
    Post edited by AntMan on
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

freaking Awesome!!!!!! i so can't wait to play with this

• Laticis ImageryLaticis Imagery Posts: 439
    edited December 1969

freaking Awesome!!!!!! i so can't wait to play with this

+1

edited December 1969

So this set bumps up tight to the other if you want and gives more width. The back wall is movable removable. and there are a bunch of props that can be mixed and match with other sets or whatever. There's not a sewer but enough of a whole to make it believable.

Wow. Very nice! Any idea when will these hit the store? (Or when you'll be running another store sale?)

Oh, and as for the manhole - thank you! And as long as there's a separate material zone at the bottom that can be rendered transparent, that's more than enough to allow hooking it up to my half dozen or so existing sewer sets.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,748
    edited December 1969

awesome!
    Love it Antfarm!

edited December 1969

So I made the sewer line go all the way through the base so anything you want can be down the drain. Here's an image.

HSPUMain.jpg
    924 x 1200 - 1M
    edited December 1969

fantastic, i haz soooo many ideas.....

• tonymousetonymouse Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

These are so very AWSOME!!!!!! I cant wait.

edited December 1969

I hope this won't be a one shot product. It looks great and also looks like it would be a great product line.

I need more roof tops, I think every one does.

edited December 1969

You and me both. I like the line as well and I have a lot of ideas. It all comes down to how well it does.

edited December 1969

If I have the cash I will be one of the first to get it once its out

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

You and me both. I like the line as well and I have a lot of ideas. It all comes down to how well it does.

I promise to do my part!

--Walt Sterdan

edited December 1969

i'm eagerly awaiting this set

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

OK I am sold! I love doing pin up images and to see this set with all the part flying around is awesome, any chance of having like crushed mailboxes, news stands, or vendor carts? Even if they are offered as an add on later to keep the price down like you are suggesting. I would jump at the chance to have a couple of sets that are interchangeable with adjustable props that can be added or moved around to vary the images you are making.

edited December 1969

Set number 1 is in the store. It's a slower release then expected but there's so much going on in the store theses days I have to wait in line.
    On Sale.
    http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/heros-stand

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Set number 1 is in the store. It's a slower release then expected but there's so much going on in the store theses days I have to wait in line.
    On Sale.

In my cart! I hope you do more products along these lines. Can't wait to get home and play with it.

• AlbiejeeAlbiejee Posts: 153
    edited December 1969

heheh... fun

pwrgrl2.jpg
    1600 x 899 - 229K
  • ServantServant Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

Oh this will be useful, just for the flying debris props alone. But the option to build a longer wall with multiples is great, too! Can't wait to get my hands on 'em! On that note, I still haven't seen a scene in DAZ or Poser with a steel girder and/or Lamp post (in both undamaged and after getting used as a club forms). That would be neat for a future installment in these sets :coolsmile:

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

bought it...lets see now...

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Sorry :(

The requirement to purchase a Freak 5 product to get 40% off instead of 30% off put Hero's Stand in my wishlist instead of the cart.

It irks me to see a Poser product tied to a Genesis product. Especially, when Genesis still doesn't work well in Poser for many of us.

On Sale.
    edited December 1969

taking a stand! Well I do a ton of poser stuff so I hope you reconsider. It's a pretty sweet price and I only get 1/2 that so every sale counts.; )