list of model that don't work in Carrrara

eyeseeeyesee Posts: 172
edited February 2017 in Carrara Discussion

Is there a list of models that don't work in carrrara? Finding that most of my models will not load.

really annoyed that big bill trailer will not load among others.

Post edited by eyesee on

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i think of it as level of effort to getting things to play nice in carrara.  most things can be made to work

big bill trailer?  have a link to it?

• I don't think there is a comprehensive list.  There is this thread.

However, I'm pretty sure that all petipet models load fine in Carrara.  When you say that "most" of your models don't load, red flags go up.

Can you list some other models?  What is your exact experience when you try to load a model?

• you trying the D|S duf ones or Poser ones?

try the latter, you should install the Poser formats for Carrara legacy stuff not Genesis etc those use duf if it has DSON file you use duf but if it has a native Poser file cr2, pp2, etc you use that.

this big bill trailer?  http://www.daz3d.com/big-bill-trailer

requires http://www.daz3d.com/big-bill-truck

both pc itemssmiley  i'll buy it to give it a try

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,189

It works for me.  I'm using the Poser Core Installer, linked in Carrara's browser (see attached screenshot).  If you're using a Daz Studio version (*.DUF), it's not likely to work, in my experience.

Big Bill Trailer.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 157K
  • eyeseeeyesee Posts: 172
    edited February 2017

I was using the Daz Studio DUF. I erroneously thought they would be more compatable than poser. I've had problems with quite a few, been a while since I tried them (back after a long break) some that come to mind are Bad Boy for M4, Boho chic, Raw Bacon and Eleman (this one partially works can't get the trunk to load). Some of them nothing happens at all when I try them i.e Bad boy for M4 and Boho Chic others partially load like Eleman and Raw bacon.

Post edited by eyesee on

raw bacon, that the 3du 1?

• if they use geografts you may need to try a few workarounds, elebeast does,

Misty made into geografts conformers using a D3D editor I have using Sickleyields tute in DAZ studio and saving as a new support asset

http://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Keeping-Bones-On-TU-Conversion-Fast-Way-449218737

then you hide the base figure parts in Carrara's vertex room

another way is to conform a second geograft to the first and hide the first Jonstark suggested that, read that workarounds thread!!!

yeah, i just delete the graft section in the dsf file.  under geometry_library

been trying to figure out how to word a modifier in the duf file to ignore or override the graft section in the dsf file >.<

most other duf things
    like the musclecar, do  
    edit, figure,rigging, convert triax/general to blended weights, save as scene subset.  works in carrara smiley

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,209
    MistyRara said:

Raw Bacon is a RawArt product

MistyRara said:

Raw Bacon is a RawArt product

oh lol, was thinking bacon the dog

edited February 2017

oh duhhttps://www.daz3d.com/raw-bacon

'raw' shoulda been the giveaway blush

searching for eleman 

Search results for 'elegant'SHOW ALL 

We found no results for 'eleman' but you may find the following results relevant:

Post edited by Mistara on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    MistyRara said:

I think  that guy is hamming it up

• yeah the the dog is cooked he went woof!

i have the nursoda version, frankie smiley  luv those nursoda charactersheart

MistyRara said:

searching for eleman 

Search results for 'elegant'SHOW ALL 

We found no results for 'eleman' but you may find the following results relevant:

Likely meant EleBeast, the Man Elephant!

Stuff like that, the first search I do is to check Shop > Vendor > RawArt, and then start browsing ;)

There's a newer one that shows up as well for Genesis 3. I didn't see one for M4

Chohole said:
    MistyRara said:

I think  that guy is hamming it up

yeah the the dog is cooked he went woof!

Oh you Girls have me rolling, laughing, rolling... and laughing some more!!!

MistyRara said:

i have the nursoda version, frankie smiley  luv those nursoda charactersheart

Have you tried any of them? I love them! Never bought one but was often tempted. They look like they are really nice figures!

Is there a list of models that don't work in carrrara? Finding that most of my models will not load.

really annoyed that big bill trailer will not load among others.

Hi Eyesee!!! Miss you!

Bummer. I haven't tried loading Big Bill trailer yet.

Question: Have you tried the Daz Studio version or the Poser?

For all of Petipet's models, I Hide the DS versions (only because I don't use DS for rendering) in DIM, and only install the Poser versions.

Every single one of his products that I've tried loading into Carrara work like a charm! Again, I use the Poser versions, since Poser formats have been working in Carrara since Carrara 5 Pro. DUF is still new to 8.5

• eyeseeeyesee Posts: 172
    edited February 2017

Hi Dart good to see you long time no see. Yeah I was using the Daz studio version. Will go back and try the poser version. I see why your not impressed that there are few artist releasing poser versions these days.

Just tried the poser version of big bill and it worked fine. thanks. Will keep trying to load the rest of my models. only 660 to go!!!!!

Post edited by eyesee on

LOL!!! I know the feeling!!!

I must say, though, that some of these folks are putting out DUF stuff that does work nicely in Carrara. I guess my experience with them is very limited, but I've picked up some free PC+ items that were DUF-Only and they really work nicely! Bonus!

Funny. I have the Big Bill Trailer, but have yet to grab the Big Bill!!! LOL I have his other big semi tractor, but not Big Bill, a situation I was just thinking about fixing, but got Jack Tomalin's Parkside Passenger Car instead. I've been wanting to start collecting this series - and this is the beginning of it. At a buck ninety-nine a piece, this is my next every once-in-a-while collection fix, while also keeping an eye on Petipet's SciFi series as it develops.

pc sale on noaos too.  if i'd waited 1 more day on the big bill  oh well wasnt much

edited February 2017

What is a noaos?

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

this the ds version of big bill trailer

had to tweak the min z rotation for the doors to open outward.  trailor 'fit to' bill.  big wheels keep on turnin, proud mary keep on .. truckin

big bill traile2.png
    1500 x 717 - 736K
    big bill trailer.png
    1500 x 717 - 612K
    fit trailer to bill.JPG
    1386 x 692 - 220K
    fix z min.JPG
    1474 x 711 - 178K

Sweet tractor! That's it... I'm getting that bad boy off my wish list and into my runtime!

Glad to know Wendy's tips 'n tricks to get 'er rollin' down the highway! 

Cool pictures. I can smell the Diesel and hear the air brakes! 

• that was Misty heart

while I have it I don't think I ever loaded it

Oh... sorry Misty! Thanks Misty! Thanks for straightening me out Wendy!

My Bad!

Convoy!

MistyRara said:

Convoy!

C.W. McCall, I believe. Haven't heard that in a  l o n g  time!

...so we crashed the gate doin' ninety-eight, I said: "let them truckers roll, ten - four!"

• better provide the music then