Couple of great New FENRIC Carrara Plug ins

Comments

• FenricFenric Posts: 351
    edited December 1969

OK, couple things: I'm not mad at the moderators - I respect their right to their interpretation of the rules.

I didn't leave because they closed my contest thread. I left because I'm tired of the things that DAZ keeps doing, of which there have been just too many - the last straw is not the same as the base cause.

Downloads: My bandwidth is limited, so I'd rather everyone not download the files twice. I'll try to make the download links more obvious, and I'll put a note in the key ZIP.

• waxfin_c9ea3eab69waxfin_c9ea3eab69 Posts: 57
    edited December 1969

Just a headsup

Fenric has two new plugins

Two new plugins are ready for your enjoyment!

The Poser Shader Doctor is a 1-click fixup solution to a number of common annoyances when Poser content is imported into Carrara.

The Object Sequence Exporter is a follow-on to the MDD File exporter. Just like MDD, it will bake your animation into an external format. But where MDD is stored as a sequence of morphs, this will export fully independent sequenced object files!

So that first one is going to be a God send, you know when you spend an eaon changing the shader room highlights on imported poser scenes to zero..... not any more if I understand right ;)

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

I bought the Poser Shader Doctor this afternoon----it's the best tool for Carrara I have ever bought! There is some Poser content that I wouldn't even try in Carrara because there were so many shaders to update (even after consolidation), but now...it really is one-click.

Now, if you could come up with someway to fix the displacement with one-click--that would really rock!

Thanks, Fenric!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    edited December 1969

yes I;ve bought four of the six, it's a great idea to split them up into individual plugins Fenric and thanks for that stuff on carrara cafe telling us what the future holds :)

• Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

Hey Fenric - I love your plugins and will doubtless get these new ones shortly. Did have a question, though. On your new Poser Shader Doctor, you mention that the highlight automatically gets set to 15% and you go through a few other automatic settings.

Is there any way (maybe as a product update if the change wouldn't be hard to implement) that we could plug in our own desired values? (maybe all of the 'default values' that you've used could be the default, but there could be a dialogue box where we could override the settings and put in our own numerical values - this would still give us a one click method to fix poser/daz content in carrara, but also the flexibility to adjust highlights and bumps to our own taste.

Thanks for any info.

edited December 1969

Hey Fenric - I love your plugins and will doubtless get these new ones shortly. Did have a question, though. On your new Poser Shader Doctor, you mention that the highlight automatically gets set to 15% and you go through a few other automatic settings.

Is there any way (maybe as a product update if the change wouldn't be hard to implement) that we could plug in our own desired values? (maybe all of the 'default values' that you've used could be the default, but there could be a dialogue box where we could override the settings and put in our own numerical values - this would still give us a one click method to fix poser/daz content in carrara, but also the flexibility to adjust highlights and bumps to our own taste.

Thanks for any info.

Sure, that's not a problem: I'll put that on the list for the next update. Updates are always free.

edited December 1969

Thanks for any info.

great idea - for most of my shaders I dump the highlight all together

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,799
    edited December 1969

Fenric said:

Thanks for any info.

Sure, that's not a problem: I'll put that on the list for the next update. Updates are always free.

yes, this would make it handy dandy for sure.. :coolsmile:

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    http://fenric.com/wordpress/store/

Looks like some handy stuff. The keyboard selection plug in looks like a gem.
    Thanks Fenric.
    Can't wait to get home and have a play!

Fenric is a genious...

The Object Sequence Exporter and the Poser Shader Doctor will save me so much time I cannot express my thanks.

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited December 1969

Philemo said:
    head wax said:
    http://fenric.com/wordpress/store/

Looks like some handy stuff. The keyboard selection plug in looks like a gem.
    Thanks Fenric.
    Can't wait to get home and have a play!

Fenric is a genious...

The Object Sequence Exporter and the Poser Shader Doctor will save me so much time I cannot express my thanks.

Just too bad. The Poser Shader Doctor hasmy Carrara 7 pro crash...

• YofielYofiel Posts: 204
    edited December 1969

The plugins look really helpful, and I haven't bought any before. Is there any possibility of a package of all of them for Carrara, rather than buying them individually?

• thoromyrthoromyr Posts: 452
    edited December 1969

There's certainly nothing that stops fenric from doing bundles, but one point of selling them separately is that it allows someone to buy just what they want. I'd suggest at least having at least an "all of them" bundle, though one difficulty with that is what happens when he releases a new plugin?

Digital Carvers Guild has some logical groupings but when I asked he created a custom bundle consisting of just the items I wanted. I'd suggest a similar approach to Fenric though I don't know if there's any headache on his part in doing so.

edited December 1969

Having been a developer myself in the apst I'm reluctant to take time away from other tasks for personal sales. If DAZ has a sale for him and I'll get it all then.

edited December 1969

well... you might want to read more of the thread, then, because as I understand it Fenric wasn't happy with how Daz works (for example, the difficulty in getting updates) and is withdrawing his products from the Daz store.

I don't believe any of the excellent digital carvers guild products are sold through Daz and not all of Inagoni's are. There is a bundle of *most* of the Inagoni products, but architools is separate and shaper isn't sold through Daz.

Obviously, I can't speak for Fenric -- but it wasn't a burden to DCG and Fenric has been very helpful. Before writing him off I'd suggest sending him a PM.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited December 1969

alas the plugin I desired the most is not working in C8,1 or the C8,5 Beta
    namely the multi shader editor to fix that pesky highlight, or I am doing it wrong
    is not highlightable or selectable

mse.jpg
    1920 x 1038 - 549K
    edited December 1969

mmm maybe I am mixing it up with shader doctor, clicking that put all highlights at 15%

edited December 1969

The multi shader editor allows editing multiple shaders at once (e.g., you could set the highlight to 15% for multiple shaders). It is accessed from the Assembly room, but you must have the shader tab showing and your screenshot shows that you have a light selected.

I haven't used this plugin, but from the description and your screenshot I don't see how it could possibly work.

The poser shader doctor is a one-click "correction" to poser shaders. It doesn't allow editing them, it just "fixes" common problems by forcing probable values. For example, it will change a bump map of 0% to 15% -- I'm not sure why some load like that, but it is certainly annoying.

For full descriptions of what they do refer to Fenric's site. Poser Shader Doctor and Multi-Shader Editor

edited January 2013

I did have the enchanted forest selected but accidently selected the light for the screenshot :red:
    and yes tried with shader tab showing etc, just unhighlighted regardless

ahh figured out what I did wrong
    did not SELECT shaders in shader tab, holding shift for multiple
    thought having prop selected enough

mse.jpg
    1914 x 1028 - 387K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

I understand the problem developers have when making softtware to modify an applicaitons functionality in general to some extent, but not in specific. I'm hoping Fenric reconciles with Daz. Otherwise it's too easy for Daz to do something so his products no longer work. And I hope Daz is cooperative with Fenric, because he does provide some functionality which is not easily available in the core product.

edited January 2013

Hi, folks! Back from vacation, and I see a couple issues.

Carrara 7 Shader Doctor is indeed not working. I'm looking into it, but I'm not sure why.

If anyone has trouble with the Color Balance just not doing anything, please let me know. I have one report of this, but I can't reproduce it.

Shader Doctor will also be getting an update to let you specify the highlight and bump values instead of setting them to a default.

Post edited by Fenric on
    edited December 1969

UPDATE: Shader Doctor 1.1 is available, which fixes the Carrara 7 "crash on startup" issue. That is the only change for version 1.1

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

First: I really hate the way this new forum works, it took me 3 password resets and several hours just to be able to log in to make a reply. It has turned me from a long time poster into an infrequent lurker here, and that sucks because I really miss being able to casually hang out and post here, with the great people in the Carrara forums.

Second: WOW!! Fenric is awesome, I'm extremely happy to have discovered his personal store, and I'm blown away by all the cool plugins at super low prices.

I picked up the Poser Shader Doctor last night, it is literally the most useful plugin for me ever. Literally with one click (and the results are instant, it doesn't even seem to delay while it does the conversions to the textures) I can now save several hours of time I used to spend going through large scenes and correcting all the many shaders.

It isn't a one click solution for skin of characters, but it does make that process much simpler too, but when it comes to turning a complicated scene into something that will look good in Carrara instantly, this thing absolutely is the greatest thing ever :)

Thank you Fenric, and I already know I'll be a frequent customer at your store :)

edited December 1969

And regarding bundles: No, it's not that big a deal to make some bundle packages. I need to get the DAZ stuff over first, so it will be a little while - then I can make a bundle of all the shaders, a bundle of all the basic commands, a bundle of the three file format plugins...

edited December 1969

Fenric, quick question about the Multi-Shader Editor plugin.

I want a quick and easy way to turn off/on subsurface scattering that will control all the shaders of a particular multishader, instead of having to go into the texture room to do each shader one at a time. Will this tool do the trick?

edited December 1969

Jonstark said:
    Fenric, quick question about the Multi-Shader Editor plugin.

I want a quick and easy way to turn off/on subsurface scattering that will control all the shaders of a particular multishader, instead of having to go into the texture room to do each shader one at a time. Will this tool do the trick?

Yes, it can. You might also look into using reference shader for that.

edited December 1969

Sweet! Off to pick it up immediately :)

edited December 1969

request to Fenric

Any chance of getting a hotkey to select the next object in the Browser tree section?

The hotkeys would be

next object,
    next group,
    previous object,
    previous group

"object" being a figure or prop or hair whatever

thanks again, your plugins are essential to smooth work flow
    :)

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    request to Fenric

Any chance of getting a hotkey to select the next object in the Browser tree section?
    The hotkeys would be
    next object,
    next group,
    previous object,
    previous group

Now that's something i'd definitely buy if it would save me scrolling through the endless bones of V4.

Jump to head/ hip / ie - the key branches . Could it be included in with the filters which at moment are All/ Light/ Cameras ?

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Jonstark said:
    First: I really hate the way this new forum works, it took me 3 password resets and several hours just to be able to log in to make a reply. It has turned me from a long time poster into an infrequent lurker here, and that sucks because I really miss being able to casually hang out and post here, with the great people in the Carrara forums.

Hello Jonstark
    I wonder where you had gotten to.
    Welcome back.
    edited December 1969

0oseven said:
    head wax said:
    request to Fenric

The hotkeys would be
    next object,
    next group,
    previous object,
    previous group

Now that's something i'd definitely buy if it would save me scrolling through the endless bones of V4.

Jump to head/ hip / ie - the key branches . Could it be included in with the filters which at moment are All/ Light/ Cameras ?

I'd love to, but...

https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=40424