Selfies for genesis 3?

Has anyone ever tried this selfie stick? it seemed to be a solution for me but does not work as advertised.

the selfie stick seems to work, loads in hand and there is a camera, but the phone has no camera and does not load into the pose as shown on product page. if you spend  oney on something it should work right? i cant find any usage guide either, seems like an unfinished product. i wanted to save time to get selfie style renders, but this is a hassle

asdcfgvhb.JPG
1833 x 1053 - 233K

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    What selfie stick is that? Do you have a product link? Is it created for the generation of character that you are using it with?
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,821
    edited February 2017

I'm guessing that Selfies for G3F is the item you're using? (In theory, it also could be Selfie Stick and Smart Phone, but that comes with presets to parent the phone to the stick, so I'm guessing it's the first one.)

In that case, I think the idea is for the oPhone/cell phone to be used only when you need it to be seen being used, so it doesn't load parented automatically. All of the poses with the set assume that either the phone is in hand, or that the stick is in hand, so without knowing which pose you're meant to be using, it was somewhat easier, I'd imagine, to have the phone load unparented.

Depending on the type of image you're making, when you use the cell phone, you're meant to show someone taking a selfie from outside -- a third person point-of-view -- as much as it is to show the selfie itself; do you know what I mean? (That was a very tortured sentence, but I don't know how to say it more clearly at the moment.) If needed, you can parent the phone to the selfie stick and then use it as though another person, away from the stick-holder, were watching the character taking a picture of themselves. In that case, you wouldn't be using the render camera that's attached to the stick itself, because the phone would block it.

If you want to take a selfie from the point-of-view of the camera-on-the-stick ... you don't need the phone itself on the stick, because, again, the phone being on the stick would block the render camera. After all, if there's no mirror involved, you can't actually see the phone being used to take the stick selfie IN a stick selfie, right? You just need the render camera, which is what you have parented to the stick now.

Is that any more clear? I don't think I've used the words "selfie" or "stick" that often that close together, so I can understand if it's confusing.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Thanks for the input. I'm working on a fix copying the carmera included with the stick (the one that works) and parenting it to the ophone model. (It's just annoying that it didnt come set up like that)

How do i update the prop to include the camera and parent to the hand when loaded in?

product link http://www.daz3d.com/selfies-for-genesis-3-female

• How do i update the prop to include the camera and parent to the hand when loaded in?

File>Save as>Scene subset