Smart Content, Shaping, and suface issues

chrisjcronechrisjcrone Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

The Smart Content, Shaping, and suface tabs are not working in Daz. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

A lot more information is needed to help you.

Smart Content relies on CMS running to work, but I don;t see how the Surface pan 'doesn't work', can you explain further, or post images of what you mean. Also, what OS are you using, and what version of DAZ Studio

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

You can't access these Panes via Window > Panes (Tabs) > ?

Ok the only thing that comes to mind trying is changing the Layout > Accepting the change and then change it back. Winodow > Select Layout > and choose a different layout. > Accept > Go back and change it back to your Original Layout. See if that refreshes the Panes.

• chrisjcronechrisjcrone Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ok so in the pictures the smart content, the shaping, and the surfaces all have no options no matter what i select in the scene. the figure has clothes on her because i started to try to figure out how to use the right side of the interface but i ran into some problems i cant figure out how to get the clothes to change with the figure if i put a basic female shape on it. i did figure out how to move the clothing with any pose i choose by right clicking and selecting all when in the pose and animate tab, but again i cant figure out how to make the clothes change with the figure so i decided to go back to try and fix the smart content tab etc. so if somebody knows how to fix this problem and if i cant not find a solution my next question would be how do i get clothing to change with the figure of my model. and moreover later i will probably be asking other questions on how to use right side of DAZ 3d. and in regards to the other questions asked me? all I know as of right now is IM running mountain lion and Daz 4.5. Thankyou so much for any help.

Screen_Shot_2013-01-06_at_7.30_.43_PM_.png
    1246 x 775 - 290K
    Screen_Shot_2013-01-06_at_7.30_.21_PM_.png
    1243 x 768 - 288K
    Screen_Shot_2013-01-06_at_7.12_.41_PM_.png
    1226 x 772 - 257K
  • chrisjcronechrisjcrone Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

it looks like this. any help?

Screen_Shot_2013-01-06_at_11.00_.28_PM_.png
    1237 x 709 - 240K
    Screen_Shot_2013-01-06_at_10.59_.33_PM_.png
    1265 x 750 - 342K
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Not all items have metadata, so won't show up in smart content. Ensure you installed the Genesis starter essentials to get the most out of it to start with.

Secondly the surfaces tab has several options. The one selected in your screenshot was 'Presets' which means it's looking for pre-made material sets specific to the selected surface. If you want to edit them, select 'Editor' from the sidebar and it will display all the properties of the current surface and allow you to edit them to your whims.

Lastly, the shaping tab is also listing everything under presets, which you probably don't have at this time. If you want to edit them, you can click editor and alter the various sliders which make up Genesis. Here's some examples to show you where to look.

Shaping.PNG
    180 x 634 - 16K
    Capture.PNG
    179 x 760 - 18K