Carrara Cafe alert: Advisory to change your password due to hacker attack.

Dear fellow Carrara users, 

It appears that Carrara Cafe has been targeted by hackers again. There fore we strongly advice all Carrara Cafe members to change passwords. Be sure to use a unique password that is not shared with any other network account. 

It is very upsetting that there are people who attempt to hack friendly websites that are created by regular people during their free time just to make free resource of knowledge available in one place  for everyone who is interested in a specific matter. 
We do not compete with anyone, we are just a place to share knowledge about Carrara 3D software. 

Carrara Cafe members, please take the action as soon as possible.  

Thank you very much for your time and understanding.  
Kind regards, 
Carrara Cafe admin. 

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,106

Thanks Jetbird, and I agree. What joy is to be had from it?

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921

Thanks Danas, hope you are well. 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

WILCO

Roger Roger!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

doing my clearance , Clarence surprise

I can't log in... either my account doesn't exist or my PW has been changed...

@Jetbird D2 can you check for Stezza and see if I'm still there.. request forgotton PW doesn't work either.. frown

• Since I have never been able to successfully create an account there, this doesn't affect me at all (the site seems to think I already have accounts for all of my various email addresses even though I have never managed to sign in but refuses to let me reset any of the passwords) but I'm sorry to hear the site is having troubles again - I like the publicly available parts of it.

• I actually got in for the first time in ages the other week

finally remembered password > <

• Looks like core parts were not affected by this attack. I hope things will be Alright and no further attack will happen. You know, the one can dream about beautiful world :D 

@MDO2010 could you tell me your username or e-mail adress you were using? will chek what is going on with your registration. 

@Stezza I have reset your password and sent you an e-mail. 

I am very grateful for all the support from all of you and hopefully we will have some new content to show in Carrara Cafe. 
    I have completed some massive projects I worked on and depending on my job schedule I might finally have more time for my hobbies and maybe you will see me more often :) 

I am very grateful for all the support from all of you and hopefully we will have some new content to show in Carrara Cafe. 
    I have completed some massive projects I worked on and depending on my job schedule I might finally have more time for my hobbies and maybe you will see me more often :) 

Sweet! We are very grateful for you and all you do too, my friend!

• Jetbird D2Jetbird D2 Posts: 95
    edited February 2017

Well I didn;t do anything special regarding 3D or Carrara these past few years. Just dropping my eye onto Carrara Cafe from time to time... 
    But if fortune will be on my side, I might finally do a return and hopefully do something useful and exciting for this awesome community and wonderful artists! :) 

Post edited by Jetbird D2 on

Well I didn;t do anything special regarding 3D or Carrara these past few years. Just dropping my eye onto Carrara Cafe from time to time... 
    But if fortune will be on my side, I might finally do a return and hopefully do something useful and exciting for this awesome community and wonderful artists! :) 

That would be SO COOL!

@Stezza I have reset your password and sent you an e-mail. 

all good now, thankyou yes

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017

Try this link while we try to fix the register page and the downloads:

http://carraracafe.com/wp-login.php?action=register

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017

OK, now the SDK can be downloaded by anyone, member or not.

Sorry about the problems.

Microsoft Edge incorrect warns about phising on most downloads except the SDK now, since its Smartfilter is a dumbfilter, use Chrome instead.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited March 2017
    Carrara_Cafe_login.png
    663 x 589 - 75K
    Post edited by de3an on
  • Samuel S.Samuel S. Posts: 309

Somehow I cannot log in as well.

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

CC is a valued resource and very-much appreciated - thanks,

--ms

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

I managed to finally register but am stuck in an endless password reset loop. Yay!

Hello, 

Sorry for troubles you are having. For some reason I am not getting notifications nor PMs at DAZ 3D website, so best would be to contact me via my e-mail and I will check what is going on with your account at Cafe. 

Information needed to check your account would be your username and e-mail used to register. 

• Sorry to be a pain. I'm really struggling to login to the CarraraCafe website. I can't even re-register as it just sends me back to login. My username back in 2011 was 'digitalarena'. Thanks in advance for any help.

• edited July 2017

Actually, I just saw your alternative link above... but I've not recieved a password, assuming you need to authorise. Many thanks in advance.

Post edited by creativecortex_354c96ff23 on

Sorry to be a pain. I'm really struggling to login to the CarraraCafe website. I can't even re-register as it just sends me back to login. My username back in 2011 was 'digitalarena'. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello, 

Did you receive an e-mail with a new password for your login? I did reset the password for your account and it should work now. 

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

This may be a really dumb question,. but,..

Since the Carrara Cafe is a website to freely share information and knowledge about Carrara,. ..and not a commercial site.

why have any user name login passwords,.hoops,.

Open the doors,. if there's no personal user information to gain ,. why would a hacker waste time hacking it.

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496

Also, it was posted above that you can download the Carrara SDK without signing in to the CarraraCafe site - this is not true, login is required to download it.

I just checked the SDK download file, it is set to be available to everyone, membership of Cafe is not required. 
    It shouldn't ask for login to download it. 
    @3DAGE, well we have some sort of community there. Like forum available for people to lurk around if they get bored here as well as members can upload files they want to share. They are only limited in size, for large files, we have to put them manually. 

So to avoid spam stuff, we have user logins. But there isn;t anything commercial on Cafe, only free resources available for Carrara users, we could put away community features at the Cafe since the forum never got really popular place, but this would mean that files people would like to share would take long time to get online. These files would have to be sent to admins and then manually uploaded.   

• rk66rk66 Posts: 420

@Jetbird D2

I have tested, it does not work. Login for download required.

I think I just discovered why it required user login to download files even though the download was marked public and available to everyone, our security widget set all download with user log in only on global basis. 

If you would try to download the file again, it should download without any trouble now. Hope that helps :)