Reset interface to factory default

I downloaded and installed DAZ 4.9 yesterday and completed the first tutorial. Then I started to move things around to make the viewport larger. Then I messed up and closed all the windows. Now I can't figure out how to get them back. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire package, opened the product, and no windows. So, my question is, how do I restore the interface to the factory default with all the windows in their appropriate places.

Thank you,

Glen

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,328

Go to Windows> Workspace there you can choose your layout style, that should bring up default, tabs can be reopened via Windows>Tabs

ui.JPG
    714 x 317 - 40K
  • That worked! Thank you!

• A couple of things to note; if you're customising your layout, once you have it the way you want it, you can save it as a custom setting. This lets you restore it easily if anything goes wrong. Also, since these settings are saved in a separate file from the program itself, simply uninstalling/reinstalling will not fix things, you must find and apply the default setting.

Be careful, though; as you've discovered, you can customise pretty much everything about the layout, and it's much too easy to get into a bit of a mess.

• I have the same issue but I don't see that option and my version is newer  4.12 Pro I closed some panels and now is all out of wack. 

• ryustarwars: Click Window, click Workspace in dropdown, click Select Layout in dropdown, click Layout: City Limits Lite in dalog box, click Accept

• @rednavion.......thanks, that saved my day, started using daz only days ago, don't know how i made it into a wasteland but i guess i'm good like that lol. now i can go back to learning. 

• bolmes66bolmes66 Posts: 3

That worked! Thank you!

rednavion said:

ryustarwars: Click Window, click Workspace in dropdown, click Select Layout in dropdown, click Layout: City Limits Lite in dalog box, click Accept

THANKS man saved me from a complete disaster
  • That worked for me too, thank you
  • TirronanTirronan Posts: 2

scorpio said:

Go to Windows> Workspace there you can choose your layout style, that should bring up default, tabs can be reopened via Windows>Tabs

• Thank you very much because i was about to restore the pc. Thank you.blush