Rendering .HDR Files for Daz Studio

2»

Comments

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

For the life of me, I can't seem to 'merge' a really simple (7 frame!) camera animation that rotates the camera (in place) in all 6 skybox directions with the 90 degree/112.5 scale setup that could be dropped into/onto a 'render' ready scene. 

Maybe I'm mucking up my own tests (likely), or saving the animation subset wrong (as a new scene for merging), but it's stripped of all other scene info (atmospheres, objects, planes, skies, - everything I can 'find') so that a merge of that file will leave the current scene alone, and just add animation keyframes to the camera object in that scene.

I figured this setup, run exactly the same way with an increasingly darkening ND filter scheme would allow us to make a scene, then make 12+ vertical cross image sets (six sequences per animation run, adjust, repeat/adjust ND 11 more times) at varying intensities and meld them together with the usual HDR tools and map to a HI-rez skybox, or convert the final(s) VertCross HDRI to spherical or angular in HDR-Shop or equiv. (couple of options here).

Probably a product idea in this, but it would likely require enough external tools (HDR-shop, image-magik, ...) to prevent it's viability as a user-friendly tool, but anyone who needed it would love it.

So far, I've been putzing with that and with Dave and Horo's wonderful Spherical-Mapper (separate from the animated skybox experiments above), and thought the ND-approach might really be the trick to doing a 'Hi-Rez' Render-to-disk image for the actual skybox image-map, and lo-rez ND-scheme parallel HDRI series (assumes post-processing to create the final medium/lo-rez HDRI for Bryce, UE2, Iray, Carrara, Poser, etc.). Even the creation of the ND series could be automated a bit per-frame if you vary the ND density on each frame of your 10-15 series from bright to dark, etc.

Food for thought, all - I know that Bryce could really be handy for doing some amazing Skydome/backdrops/HDRs with the instructions that Horo and Rashad posted above, and because the ideas are pretty simple, even if the steps are cumbersome, maybe with some minimal automation tools/steps, we can make it slightly more manageable.

Again, the first step for me is to figure out how to merge six or seven keyframes that only affect the camera in place (or only increase an ND filter by a given amount) into a ready-to-go scene, leaving the rest of that scene as is...

Any ideas (simple I hope?)

tia, all feedback encouraged, and thanks for the response, Horo!

--ms

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693
    edited December 2018

neat! drag any of them into a 360 viewer and have a look 'around'! That's so cool.

Let's make some of these in Bryce, eh? - I'd absolutely love to simply go sit and look around most any of the slepalex/estevez/horo/... worlds - both the 'traditional' as well as the abstract scenes some of you folks are pulling off in here. Add some wine, music and throw it into a slide-show, you might never get me back to real life...

(I do realize that *behind* most of the Bryce cameras (360 degree) in these magical scenes isn't so much magic... but I'll ignore that reality, and enjoy the idea of being immersed in the worlds you all are making.)

cheers,

--ms

Post edited by mindsong on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,764

Beautiful, Wendy_Carrara