saving character and applying to preset posers?

bev_headbev_head Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

just new to all this - i have made my first character applying changes to shape, textures, hair etc - i am now happy with that character - i have saved it as a scene and as a preset character - here is the problem - 1. i cant find the preset i saved and 2. when i apply a poser preset to the character it takes on that "shape" or "pose" keeps the skin texture but loses everything else- eg - the particular shapes i created etc - what is the best way to save a character i have created and then apply it to a pose in the presets i like?

:smirk:

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,707
    edited December 1969

If you saved the preset to a location in the Poser library (\Runtime\Libraries) it won't show in the Content Library, at least without a dummy Poser file to trigger it. If you save outside the Poser Runtime folder (and the \Data folder) it should be available under DAZ Studio Formats.

However, if you are wanting to include hair or clothing the best thing to do is to save a Sceen Subset, with the same comments on location, which will be merged into your current scene when you double-click it.

• bev_headbev_head Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

thanks for your help - i saved the figure as a preset - and materials etc - i have checked the location of the file. It is in my library in the presets folder and in the sub folder character- likewise with the materials - i can find it all though the contents library if i search for the name of the character and apply from there no problems - however - in the "smart folder" in the pane on the left of screen - nothing comes up? - and if type in the name of the character for a search - nothing comes up - i did use the default settings - where in the library should the character and material go - so i am now applying via the content library - where should i move the files to?

so just to be clear - our presets will show in the contents library but not in the left pane?

btw - thanks for the help the potential of making amazing artwork is endless - just figured out how to bump up the resolution.

:)

Post edited by bev_head on
    edited December 1969

It sounds as if there was no metadata generated - is Smart Content working generally?

• bev_headbev_head Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

they are saved as undefined presets - so if i start a new folder in the registry - will that allow me to access them more readily? i was thinking of starting one up in the people - subfolder and naming it after my character

edited December 1969

I'm not sure what you mean - if you are thinking of point DS to a folder inside an existing content directory as a new content directory then no, that is not a good idea as it can lead to odd paths being stored in files making them fail if used on any other system.