I need help installing and finding Sparkles for Studio and Furify: Fur Shaders

Ariella CandelariaAriella Candelaria Posts: 17
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi Everyone,
I just got Sparkles for Studio and Furify: Fur Shaders
I installed it and everyting but cant find it anywhere! I already have The Fabricator, Leatherize, Ye Olde Clothe Bundle, Silkessence, and The LaceMaker. And I can see all of it okay...I remember having a bit of trouble finding all that too I just dont remember what I did to get it to show up lol...Please help!

Comments

• ElliandraElliandra Posts: 473
    edited December 1969

Hi Stelz!
    Are you looking for them in the Smart Content Tab? If so they won't show up until you select the item in the scene tab and then the material zone(s) in the surface tab.

The actual files in the content library are located here:
    Shaders/Fistys Sparkles
    Shaders/Furify

Hope this helps!
    Elli

• GinaPGinaP Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm actually having the same problem. I have the Ye Olde Clothing Bundle, not the Fabricator so I hope you don't have to have that to use this product. There is nothing on the product page saying you have to have the Fabricator for this to work, but I'm beginning to wonder. I downloaded the product, then I went into Daz Studio 4 selected the clothing item in Scene, then made sure it was selected using the Surface Selection Tool, then I went to Smart Content as instructed then Files then Presets then Shader, and nothing is there but the content the program comes with. This is very frustrating so if anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited February 2013

Not all content has been Updated to work as Smart content. Try this and see it it works. Open your Content Library Tab (It's found in Windows>Panes(tabs)>Content Library) Then look here.
    Daz Studio Formats> My Library (or My Daz 3D Library) > Shaders > (then the proper Folder)
    All my Shaders are listed in this folder, even when Smart Content does not see them.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • GinaPGinaP Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much! That worked! I was so disappointed to think I couldn't use this lovely product, so I'm very very happy to see I can. Again, thanks so much I appreciate your taking the time to answer. :-)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm happy to have helped, enjoy your render. And just ask for help in this Forum as you need it.

• Optimus ShepardOptimus Shepard Posts: 181
    edited December 1969

Hello,
    I having a little trouble with this Fur Shader. First I couldn't find it until I read the forum and thanks to one of post I found it the location. But I was wondering do you need more stuff to make this work because I tried it on a regular body suit and tried it on one of the V4 Wolf Characters without clothing but nothing is happening. I thought it said it would help animal skin look better that why I thought it would work for the V4 Wolf Character but it didn't. Could someone please help me with this?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,809
    edited December 1969

Did you select the surfaces you wanted to change, or just the model? These are shader presets, you need tot ell them both the item and the areas on the item they are to apply to (unlike a materials preset, which has a list of surfaces it is to change inside itself).

• Optimus ShepardOptimus Shepard Posts: 181
    edited December 1969

Yes I did but still did not work.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

Did you render, you don't see any effect until you render.