Bryce 7 on Parallels Desktop?

humantargethumantarget Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

So contrary to general belief I managed to run Bryce 7 on OSX Mountain Lion for a while, until I upgraded my computer to a newer one. It seems the bryce7 doesn't install correctly to ML. (I managed to run bryce 7 on ML since I upgraded the system after I installed the software)

So now I can't do that since I have new mac with OSX ML pre-installed.

So my question is: is anyone using pc version of Bryce 7 on OSX with parallels desktop?
Is it even theoretically possible to run it like this?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I have heard of people who have had success running it on parallels, and also some who run it using basecamp

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807
    edited December 1969

.... is anyone using pc version of Bryce 7 on OSX with parallels desktop?
    Is it even theoretically possible to run it like this?

Not just theoretically, but practically.

I have successfully run Bryce 7 Pro under Windows 7 on Parallels 7 ("7-7-7!"). I haven't done much actual work with it, but I fired it up, loaded an old scene, and rendered it without problems.

I'd expect it to work well - when you're running under Parallels you are, to almost all intents and purposes, running on a PC. You may take a slight speed hit, but as Parallels is strictly a virtualizer rather than an emulator, it shouldn't be that bad. The most important thing is that you're not hitting the Apple APIs that changed with Lion, which caused Bryce to break.

I've also been able to run Mojoworld's Pandromeda (anyone remember that?) under Parallels.

• ytetsuytetsu Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

You may run Bryce 7.1 on Mountain Lion with (Windows+Paralels 8 or VMware Fusion), (Snow Leopard Server+Parallels 8 or VMware Fusion), or Crossover Mac.
    But you can not run Snow Leopard Desktop version on Parallels or VMware, because Apple changed license for running on virtual machine.